Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I've just read Carlos Slim owns Real Oviedo, what gives with that VI?

When Oviedo ran that share selling drive to save themselves from going under (I remember some people from here bought some shares, even), a Spanish sports program made a prank call to one of his advisers, trying to convince him to buy out the club.  That's how he learnt of the team's situation, and ultimately decided to do just that, matching the capital raised in order to get a controlling interest.

He seems pretty hands off, he's only imposed more strict governance standards (the club was leaking money), but hardly meddles in the day to day, or invests more money in the club.

Berahino saying he wants to move on to better things than WBA - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/04/saido-berahino-ambition-west-brom-bigger

Must say he comes across as a massive prick to me. His failure to celebrate any of his goals against Gateshead made me take an irrational dislike to him, but can't say I've been overly impressed by him when I've watched WBA. Has a 'Scott Sinclair' career failure written all over him following a move to someone like Liverpool.

Berahino saying he wants to move on to better things than WBA - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/04/saido-berahino-ambition-west-brom-bigger

Must say he comes across as a massive prick to me. His failure to celebrate any of his goals against Gateshead made me take an irrational dislike to him, but can't say I've been overly impressed by him when I've watched WBA. Has a 'Scott Sinclair' career failure written all over him following a move to someone like Liverpool.

Typical modern football mentality - make as much money as you can while you're flavour of the month.

He's an above-average Premier League striker at the moment but nothing we haven't seen before. He'll get a move to Spurs or West Ham, earn £60k per week and become just another Agbonlahor/Robbie Keane/Odemwingie

Guest Rustin Cohle

Typical modern football mentality - make as much money as you can while you're flavour of the month.

Isnt that what anybody would do, in any profession?

Guest Rustin Cohle

No :lol:

No? Go on..

Guest Rustin Cohle

An ostrich wouldn't.

Archbishop of Banterbury

Ralf Little @RalfLittle  ·  52m 52 minutes ago

Oh dear. Looks like Clarke Carlisle's going to get away with it - AGAIN. #Teflon #nonstick

Ralf Little @RalfLittle  ·  39m 39 minutes ago

Seems people want context about previous tweet. So let me say, I know the full story and it's not what's portrayed in the media. That's all.

Ralf Little @RalfLittle  ·  26m 26 minutes ago

On reflection some of you are right - that tweet requires context. So bear with - driving. Bout 20 mins.

Ralf Little @RalfLittle  ·  7m 7 minutes ago

Ok, back now so here goes, but this will be be over a few so hear them out before steaming in, and I'll try and explain...

Uh oh...