Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I reckon Beckham is worth of a thread to be honest. There will never be a player with that much media attention ever again. His performance against Greece in 2001 was one of the best performances I have ever seen.

Guest Howaythetoon

f***ing love Beckham. Terrific footballer and a wonderful man.

Same here. I never understood the stick the man received and although he did and will no doubt continue to receive a lot of adulation, some of it pure hyperbole, if anyone merits it he does. He's had a fantastic career and has shown the world over that you can be mega talented, mega rich and mega successful and still be a good bloke all the same. And as for the "thick" stuff, the man may not be as eloquent as some or as clever as some but he is far from thick, his decisions in life prove that.

Credit to Beckham for that fine solo performance against Greece and a good one against Colombia in France 98, but apart from that, I felt he had a very ordinary International career. Indeed , I felt he was a very over rated player full stop. The name was always more powerful than the actual player. Decent chap though,it seems, so happy retirement Becks.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 8m

Gus Poyet + his coaching staff have been suspended by Brighton. #BHAFC

Pourquoi?

no reason give but its not anything to do with another club, probably something to do with how much he has to spend 

Credit to Beckham for that fine solo performance against Greece and a good one against Colombia in France 98, but apart from that, I felt he had a very ordinary International career. Indeed , I felt he was a very over rated player full stop. The name was always more powerful than the actual player. Decent chap though,it seems, so happy retirement Becks.

He worked very hard and got the max out of his talent. But yeah, rather more limited than his reputation suggested.

Guest Roger Kint

Will he really get a winners medal for starting 1 league game? Most appearances he can do is 11, do you have to make 10?