Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

It does count in some countries I think.  I seem to remember South Korea counts it.  Am I talking utter bollocks?

You're one year of age when you are born in Korea. IIRC they also don't add one year of age at their birthday but at the beginning of their year. So you can be 2 years older in Korean years than in "Western" count.

It does count in some countries I think.  I seem to remember South Korea counts it.  Am I talking utter bollocks?

You're one year of age when you are born in Korea. IIRC they also don't add one year of age at their birthday but at the beginning of their year. So you can be 2 years older in Korean years than in "Western" count.

If the Nigerian national team is anything to go by then in Nigeria you don't start counting age for the first 20 years.

The bairn keeps asking why the 9 months (or amount of months till they plop out) in the womb don't count.

Seeing as the baby is developing and ageing.

In answer to the question it's from when your born, I.E. Why it's called a birthday and not conceived day.

Also in most cases people don't know the exact date of conception, just an idea of when it was.

In more modern times though there is a debate about how far along during pregnancy you are actually 'alive'.

It's far easier for many reasons to just go by the date you were actually born.

The bairn keeps asking why the 9 months (or amount of months till they plop out) in the womb don't count.

Seeing as the baby is developing and ageing.

In answer to the question it's from when your born, I.E. Why it's called a birthday and not conceived day.

Also in most cases people don't know the exact date of conception, just an idea of when it was.

In more modern times though there is a debate about how far along during pregnancy you are actually 'alive'.

It's far easier for many reasons to just go by the date you were actually born.

Good answer.

Guest firetotheworks

I know that you can't tarnish everyone with the same brush, but the Italians complaining about racism is slightly funny.