Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

:smitten:

I think the Derby free-kick will always be my favourite for surprise factor. Looked like Solano was going to cross one in, and instead Robert just twatted it from a stupid angle into the bottom corner.

Was at that game. Brilliant comeback after being completely outplayed for an hour.

German TV host doesnt recognize guest Andre Schürrle and mistakes him for a Counter Strike player. Schürrle plays along.

http://www.focus.de/sport/videos/was-hast-du-denn-als-fussballer-erreicht-moderatorin-erkennt-deutschen-weltmeister-nicht-und-der-reagiert-grossartig_id_4952154.html

Translation:

Host: "I'm excited to do this spontaneous interview. Since it was so spontaneous, I was only given a Wikipedia article and I may now say hello to Christian Chmiel, who was 2008 ESL pro-series champion and is now back - hello, Christian."

Schürrle: "Hello. Nice to be here!!"

Host: "I'm surprised you can speak German because in my article it says you're from England and I wanted to talk English to you but you said "wie geht's"?

Schürrle: "Yeah, my Mum is German and my Dad is from England but that may not be part of your Wikipedia article."

Host: "Nice, so you were raised bilingually?"

Schürrle: "Exactly."

Host: "I have a few questions for you. Do you think that Denial won deservedly against Revenge in this year's championships?"

Schürrle (laughing): "Once again please?"

Host: "Ok! Why are you laughing?"

Schürrle: "It's just... I played a few times against him and yeah..."

Host: "So he is a no-name to you?"

Schürrle: "Yeah, he had no chance, one has to say."

Host: "Okay, but at the tournament... do you think that Denial won deservedly against Revenge?"

Schürrle: "Yeah, definitely, I think it was a good ga-hahahaha"

Host: "Why is everybody laughing? Are you dumb? I mean not you (to Andre)"

Schürrle: "I guess I have to clear up something here..."

if they think agents and middlemen will suddenly stop making money from the game they're insane :lol:

transfer fees disappear then wages go up, agents and middlemen take their cut from % of wages, simples

Marseille being c***s in Groningen

:lol: just little old women drinking tea and that

I do wonder if there's not Groningen fans sitting on the right of the camera guy. Because they really start throwing chairs towards them before going into full mode against the whole restaurant. Poor restaurant owners.

This exact thing happened in Spain in the 80s, which ushered our current release clause system. I don't think the EU can't wave through a system that fundamentally prevents workers from leaving their jobs, so I believe there's a big chance they will rule in FIFPro's favor. This doesn't automatically translate into the kind of system they seem to desire, though.

I.e. in Spain it was ruled that sportsmen could indeed leave clubs freely. What clubs did is introduce release fees in their contracts, those "release fees" are actually compensation sportsmen agree to pay if they don't see the end of their contracts.

This exact thing happened in Spain in the 80s, which ushered our current release clause system. I don't think the EU can't wave through a system that fundamentally prevents workers from leaving their jobs, so I believe there's a big chance they will rule in FIFPro's favor. This doesn't automatically translate into the kind of system they seem to desire, though.

I.e. in Spain it was ruled that sportsmen could indeed leave clubs freely. What clubs did is introduce release fees in their contracts, those "release fees" are actually compensation sportsmen agree to pay if they don't see the end of their contracts.

I'd like it if it was ruled in their favor tbh, although i fear it won't and i completely agree with them that currently the system is definitely anti-competition.

I'd like it if it was ruled in their favor tbh, although i fear it won't and i completely agree with them that currently the system is definitely anti-competition.

not sure how removing transfer fees would change the fact its anti competitive, honestly if anything it would make things worse