Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

All the rumours appear to be true. Absolute disgrace.

@AmyLewisSport: Taxpayers will pay for ticket checkers, medical staff & cleaners at West Ham games at the Olympic Stadium @SkySportsNewsHQ can reveal

@AmyLewisSport: The club also won't have to pay for turnstile operators, much of the security and steward personnel and catering staff on match days.

@AmyLewisSport: Taxpayers will pay for ticket checkers, medical staff & cleaners at West Ham games at the Olympic Stadium @SkySportsNewsHQ can reveal

@AmyLewisSport: The club also won't have to pay for turnstile operators, much of the security and steward personnel and catering staff on match days.

What's the £15m or so a year they're paying for then?  Rent?

how the fuck did a premier league club (with the well publicised massive tv deal) get that kind of deal? Are the group who agreed that deal West Ham fans or something because thats the only logicial thing for such a cushy deal

What's the £15m or so a year they're paying for then?  Rent?

They're only paying £2-2.5m a year but they've had to put £15m up front as a contribution to the total cost of conversion which was £272m (that's on top of the cost to build it in the first place). It's a scandal like.

Ah I see. Would be interested in how much those staff costs would amount to. Every other club has to pay them. Seems a ridiculous deal, they're getting all of the benefits of a new stadium without any of the risk or associated cost.

Ah I see. Would be interested in how much those staff costs would amount to. Every other club has to pay them. Seems a ridiculous deal, they're getting all of the benefits of a new stadium without any of the risk or associated cost.

and get to sell the old stadium for no doubt huge money

Guest firetotheworks

There's a definite ITK that's just moved into mine until Christmas. I dunno if I'm looking forward to what I may hear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34492276

Olympic Stadium: New details on West Ham deal revealed

By Frank Keogh BBC Sport

West Ham will not have to pay for a range of staff including cleaners and turnstile operators when they move into the Olympic Stadium next year.

Heating and lighting costs will also be covered by the stadium managers, the London Legacy Development Corporation.

The LLDC denies the sums are being funded by the taxpayer, saying use of the stadium - including rental fees - will generate additional revenue.

Ex-Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn wants the whole deal to be made public.

"There shouldn't be any secrets on this - it's taxpayers' money - and we have every right to know the full deal," he told BBC Sport.

A decision on the LLDC's appeal against a ruling to release full details of the deal is unlikely to be made for several months.

It has released a copy of the 207-page document with less redacted sections than previously, but the amount of rent West Ham will be paying annually has not been revealed as this is considered to be commercially sensitive information.

West Ham's vice-chairman Karren Brady says she fought for the best deal,  but denies this was at the expense of taxpayers.

The agreement indicates that the Hammers will have to make extra payments if they finish in the top 10 of the Premier League; and if they qualify for Europe.

What will be provided for West Ham?

In August, the BBC revealed a large number of "facilities and services" would be paid for by the grantor - the publicly-funded LLDC - and not the club.

These included the cost of stadium utilities, maintaining the pitch, and the goalposts and corner flags.

Below is a list of other items, outlined in the agreement made public on Thursday, which the Hammers will not have to fund:

Undersoil heating and floodlighting

Ticket office and turnstiles

Drug testing and medical facilities

Concession areas cleared of snow and ice as required

Team changing rooms, plus changing rooms for ball persons and officials

Security, cleaning, pest control

Stadium tannoy, generator, CCTV surveillance system and monitors

LED pitch-side signage, scoreboards and jumbo video screens at each end of the pitch

Read: The Olympic Stadium agreement.

What are West Ham paying for?

The Hammers are paying £15m towards the transformation costs of the stadium, and reportedly £2m to £2.5m rent annually as part of a 99-year lease.

West Ham will also have to fork out a different amount each year based on which division the club is playing in, with the cost rising for every position they finish 10th or above in the Premier League.

Additional fees will be charged if they win the FA Cup, qualify for the Europa League or Champions League, and should they triumph in those tournaments.

What do the main players say?

West Ham - Vice-chairman Karren Brady: "It has been reported that we got a good deal but it is worth remembering that West Ham went through three arduous, fair, competitive and thoroughly robust bidding processes. And the fact is we came out unanimously and convincingly on top each and every time.

"Without us, all of the colour, vibrancy, revenue and, crucially, jobs we've seen return to east London this summer would not be there, as our 99-year tenancy was essential in underwriting the stadium's other uses.

"During the negotiations, did I do the best deal I could for West Ham United? Of course I did, that's my job, but not at the expense of the taxpayer. I think what is very clear to anyone reading the agreement for the first time, is just how determined I was to protect the rights of West Ham United and our fans during the negotiations, while also ensuring it was fair to the taxpayer."

Barry Hearn - Former Leyton Orient chairman who lost a legal battle for the club to groundshare with West Ham: "I'm absolutely sure, eventually, that they will be told to release all the details because it should be in the public domain.

"The argument that it's commercially sensitive treats the taxpayer like they are children. West Ham are an anchor tenant - they have a long-term deal which is not going to be replicated by anybody else.

"There's some very big holes - we haven't had the rent confirmed - so we can't say whether this is a good deal or a bad deal. If the policing, for example, is included in the rental agreement, that could come to a very sizeable amount of money. We don't know the share of catering income or naming rights.

"We are being drip-fed the occasional titbit without knowing the overall package."

The LLDC: "Once the transformation of the stadium is complete it will not require continuous subsidy from the taxpayer and will see a return to the taxpayer through future profits due to the agreements in place with the operator Vinci and concessionaires West Ham United and UK Athletics.

"The stadium will contribute to the ongoing and hugely successful regeneration programme already being delivered at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park."

Barry Hearn - Former Leyton Orient chairman who lost a legal battle for the club to groundshare with West Ham: "I'm absolutely sure, eventually, that they will be told to release all the details because it should be in the public domain.

"The argument that it's commercially sensitive treats the taxpayer like they are children. West Ham are an anchor tenant - they have a long-term deal which is not going to be replicated by anybody else.

"There's some very big holes - we haven't had the rent confirmed - so we can't say whether this is a good deal or a bad deal. If the policing, for example, is included in the rental agreement, that could come to a very sizeable amount of money. We don't know the share of catering income or naming rights.

"We are being drip-fed the occasional titbit without knowing the overall package."

The LLDC: "Once the transformation of the stadium is complete it will not require continuous subsidy from the taxpayer and will see a return to the taxpayer through future profits due to the agreements in place with the operator Vinci and concessionaires West Ham United and UK Athletics.

"The stadium will contribute to the ongoing and hugely successful regeneration programme already being delivered at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park."

Cost of transforming the stadium

Of the £272m total transformation costs, £15m is being provided by West Ham, with £1m coming from UK Athletics. The stadium will have an initial 54,000 capacity and stage other events including rugby union matches and motorsport.

Work has included installing a new 45,000 square metre cantilever roof, twice the size of the original, covering all the seats - it will be the largest of its kind in the world.

The local borough of Newham is contributing £40m, and national government £25m, with the remainder coming from a variety of sources, including Olympic Park land sales.

Retractable seating for 21,000 spectators is being fitted to allow the athletics track to be used in the summer, and the venue will host the 2017 World Athletics Championships.

Finer details of the deal

Two stands will be branded - one as the Bobby Moore Stand and another as the Sir Trevor Brooking Stand.

West Ham must offer up to 100,000 general admission tickets each season to residents of the borough of Newham.

The process has begun to find a new stadium sponsor, who would hold naming rights.

Seating in the front row of the lower tier must be between 10 metres and 20 metres from the edge of the playing surface.

Guest Roger Kint

Its fucking outrageous how they are allowed to keep all proceeds from the sale of Upton Park like, can only imagine how many hundreds of billions they make out of that. Plus they are selling naming rights? Whole thing stinks