Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Brummie :lol:

Tim Sherwood was in no mood for negativity on Friday, saying he is "100% certain we'll be in the Premier League next season". 

Despite speculation that has cast doubt over his future at Villa Park, Sherwood was on the front foot.In answer to some other reports, he asserted that, "there's not a player that we have brought into the club that I haven't liked or wanted".

After being booed off after losing to Stoke last time out Sherwood was equally confident that he'll win them around. "They were singing my name three weeks ago - they'll be singing my name in another three weeks."

Vintage Sherwood knobhead.

Also had a go at us for 'screaming' Pardew 'out of town', saying he's now 'quite rightly' the favourite for the England job because he 'stood tall, believed in what he believed in' etc. Also said he takes inspiration from people like him.

Referred to himself in the third person as well. He's a cunt.

At one point, allbeit brief, he was the best player in the world.

I'll remember him as a class player.

He was amazing around 2002ish when they absolutely destroyed Man Utd.

Never the best in the world though, not even in that team.

He was amazing around 2002ish when they absolutely destroyed Man Utd.

Never the best in the world though, not even in that team.

Yeah it was around that period.

But at least Fergie agrees with me.  :coolsmiley:

Nah, at no point he was even the best player at Real Madrid. He got a considerable hype machine on his side, though. Still a very good striker.

Tbf at one stage all of the top 2 or 3 players in the world were at Real Madrid

Raúl retires. Very good player that made the most of what he had; had the past 7 years not happened he'd be remembered as one of Spain's best.

Somebody post that silence pic because I obviously won't.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42058000/jpg/_42058106_healy3416.jpg

Raúl's last game for Spain. :D

Raúl retires. Very good player that made the most of what he had; had the past 7 years not happened he'd be remembered as one of Spain's best.

Pipe down Messi.

Watching Brazil - Norway from the 98 WC. Fuck football used to be so much more fun and entertaining back in the day. And Ronaldo and Carlos in their prime... what even is life.

I hate modern football. Fucking boring motherfucking shit with shit rich motherfuckers with no pride in what they are doing. I hate it so much. Fuck.

Watching Brazil - Norway from the 98 WC. Fuck football used to be so much more fun and entertaining back in the day. And Ronaldo and Carlos in their prime... what even is life.

I hate modern football. Fucking boring motherfucking shit with shit rich motherfuckers with no pride in what they are doing. I hate it so much. Fuck.

But now you're American and have playoffs in the MLS. Weak argument tbh.

Pipe down Messi.

:lol:

What you mean is its exactly the same except Norway and Newcastle are shite now.

No. The football played was genuinely more interesting and competitive back then. I recall the Champions League in those days as well, halcyon days of football. One could argue that the quality of footballers is much better now, and the quality of play. But the result is boring elite shitfests with spoiled cunts who don't care about anything. Now the new trend is to go all Moneyball football as well, where's the soul? Where's the fun?

I've found myself a lot more entertained when watching League 1 matches than Premier League matches in recent times, for one.

You have a point about club football but international tournaments are as good as they always were and the players have as much pride in their country as they always had

You have a point about club football but international tournaments are as good as they always were and the players have as much pride in their country as they always had

My point was mostly about club football though, I was just reminded because of watching good old footballers play :lol:

Referred to himself in the third person.

Anyone who does that can fuck the fuck off, the egocentric cunt. If that ever happened in real life I'd have to lamp the fucker. :lol: I have enough trouble already with getting bollocked for using people's first names instead of The Honourable Mrs David Jones or whatever, she's Lucinda to me, get over yourself.

His tournament record for Spain was truly laughable. When Aragonès dropped him for the 2008 Euros (he was Spain's captain) the Madrid press got into a fit, yet that ushered the golden age of Spanish football.

He was a very good player made to look better because of the players he had at his side. I'll say that somebody like Villa was a superior footballer (and for example has a much better record in tournaments for Spain), but only spent 3 seasons at a top team so he didn't get enough hype.

The player he sort of replaced at Real Madrid - Butragueño - was a much better footballer too. A brilliant striker he was. He was just unlucky to face 80s Milan first and Cruyff's Barça second.

I agree with Kaizero, football was much more interesting in the mid-90s and it's become more and more formulaic and boring. 

In this country at least, but you could certainly say the same about Italy and maybe Spain.

I agree, but I've always wondered how much of that is down to me becoming old and miserable.

It probably was better before in many ways, but the biggest reason im so miserable about football in general is because of the club i support and love :(

I was abroad for a couple of months and didn't follow Newcastle at all, in any way, and i haven't felt so good in a looong time.

Back home i've tried to stay away from this club so many times but i just can't..

People overrate the 90s imho - which is understandable since I guess is when the majority of us got into football, plus NUFC were great at the time. But you still had an elite of clubs dominating the big European leagues, and the CL. It's worse now, mind, but wasn't really that great back then.

I blame the Bosman ruling myself. It allowed big clubs to hoard foreign talent. Back in the 80s-early 90s you had middling clubs with great players because the big clubs just couldn't hoard them all.

By the same token, big teams in small leagues like Ajax or PSV were able to retain their talent for longer.

Think for example of Real Madrid. If we still went with pre-Bosman rules,  they'd have to pick 3 out of:

Ronaldo

Benzema

Bale

Modric

Varane

Rodríguez

Kroos

Navas

Kovacic

Danilo

Casemiro

(Marcelo has a Spanish passport IIRC)

Now besides the fact they'd be weakened themselves, all the players they'd be giving up would be at smaller teams, a lot of them in their nation's leagues,  strengthening them. That's how football was before the Bosman ruling.

Ronaldo man. :smitten: I felt scared every time he was on the ball even though I knew the result in the game :lol:

Check for Thuram and Desailly pre World Cup final 98 talking about Ronaldo on that famous video site. It's golden. Listening to those guys talking about him just says it all.