Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Not overly-fussed about his choice of clubs, though it'd certainly be interesting to see him try and do something with AC Milan for example, but I don't think he is the very best around. He is great, just not the best.

He built a sensational Barcelona team, but one that was absolutely annihilated by Heynckes' Bayern (albeit under Tito). Then at Bayern, he was soundly beaten by a direct Real Madrid outfit. Maybe you could argue he hadn't put his stamp on the team by that point, but then Barca took them apart the following year too. Expect them to do the same again if they meet.

Not overly-fussed about his choice of clubs, though it'd certainly be interesting to see him try and do something with AC Milan for example, but I don't think he is the very best around. He is great, just not the best.

He built a sensational Barcelona team, but one that was absolutely annihilated by Heynckes' Bayern (albeit under Tito). Then at Bayern, he was soundly beaten by a direct Real Madrid outfit. Maybe you could argue he hadn't put his stamp on the team by that point, but then Barca took them apart the following year too. Expect them to do the same again if they meet.

:thup: Agree with you as usual. I still think Heynckes' Bayern were better

If Guardiola had any real stones he'd jump at the opportunity to bring Pompey back from the dead. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't proven anything.

There's probably a middle ground between Pompey and choosing one of the richest couple of clubs in the world. Again.

No idea why everybody wants him to drop down mind though, He started at the very top ( after the initial stint with Barca B) and was successful at it. Nobody asks any other manager to drop down and do it with a lesser team so why does it apply to him? Same goes with Messi, everyone for years wanted him to leave Barca and " challenge" himself but for some reason this doesn't apply to any other footballer.

It's all a load of bollocks IMO, i know Deuce wasn't being serious :lol: but just in general the whole mindset baffles me.