Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Ballon d'Or nominees:

Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City), Paulo Dybala (Juventus), Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Gonzalo Higuain (Juventus), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Manchester United), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur), Riyah Mahrez (Leicester City), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Luka Modric (Real Madrid), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich).

Guest firetotheworks

Has to be Messi again, really.

Will be ronaldo

Because they won the Champions League without him on the field for most of the final? [i'm mixing shite up, that was the Euros] It's daft that they use those things as a measure like, it should always be whoever has been the best player in the world that year. For me, that's still Messi, possibly Suarez.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't see it being Griezmann. He didn't win anything either and although he was consistent, didn't play to the same level as Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, or Neymar of the La Liga players imo. He didn't score as many, hardly assisted, was never once player of the month, and wasn't in the La Liga team of the season. That's obviously not the be-all-and-end-all and he's a very good player who had a great season, but if it's not one of the usual two, I can't see beyond Suarez if it's a La Liga player.

I can't see it being Griezmann. He didn't win anything either and although he was consistent, didn't play to the same level as Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, or Neymar of the La Liga players imo. He didn't score as many, hardly assisted, was never once player of the month, and wasn't in the La Liga team of the season. That's obviously not the be-all-and-end-all and he's a very good player who had a great season, but if it's not one of the usual two, I can't see beyond Suarez if it's a La Liga player.

Did well in most of the big games though which is what I would largely be judging it on

I know Steve Bruce's books have been mentioned here before, but this is a glorious review of the third in the tribology.

http://thesetpieces.com/features/defender-steve-bruce-review/

In absolute tears reading this paragraph to my housemate, couldn't even finish it:

To put all this in context, in their combined 240-page length, the two previous books contained numerous murders, multiple shoot-outs, a punch-up in a drug den, five kidnappings, two large-scale police investigations, an active anti-terror operation, Yugoslavian war criminals (of whom, one is revealed to have faked his death and then dies AGAIN two pages later), some Israeli Nazi-hunters from whom Barnes escape via sliding tackle and – my personal favourite – a vengeful sniper who shoots a football from under Steve Barnes’ foot while our hero is standing in the technical area DURING A GAME.