Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Did he touch the ball?

Yes, in the first minute he came on, mate he is a dinosaur of a player, it’s not his fault is it?

Oh, but how the Geordie Nation roared as he won a throw in, earning a meaningless statistic and a slight uptick in possession.

• 3 weeks later...

What a shite signing. If you're going to come on, stay up front as the outball he should be. He was all over the fucking place and I don't even think that was down to Bruce. Just chased where the ball was particularly the first 5-10 minutes he came on. He'll be in the starting XI over the next 2-3 games too without a doubt. Hope he leaves in May and bet he ends up in the Championship.

Well there were enough even on here who wanted him back on the right deal. We don't even need to get into the St James fans who are just delighted to have "ONE OF OUR OWWWWNNN!!" coming on as a sub.

Can't really argue with that.

He is finished. Bog standard English player who showed potential, made money quick then gets knacked but loves the lifestyle and the sniff. No hopers like SDFC buy into the once potential and they continue as expected.

About 5 years ago I went to one of evening with Jimmy Greaves nights and he was brilliant. Sadly not long after he had the stroke which pretty much ended the man we knew.

Anyway on his show he talked about Andy Carroll and what he said sticks in my mind. '32 fucking million he said, that's ridiculous.  You can't coach a striker on anticipation, they've either got or they haven't and Andy Carroll hasn't.  He only tries to get on the end of something AFTER the ball has been played.  He never anticipates what might happen and make runs into those positions. Yes he's big, yes he's a handful but he can always be stopped because you know what he's going to do'

And so it went on, and when I watch Andy Carroll Jimmy Greaves was spot on

Maybe that's what he's turned into now, but in the championship and first half of the subsequent premier league season for us he showed he could score all kind of goals, including those "easy" goals where his anticipation and runs is what made the goals easy to score.

Maybe that's what he's turned into now, but in the championship and first half of the subsequent premier league season for us he showed he could score all kind of goals, including those "easy" goals where his anticipation and runs is what made the goals easy to score.

I liked his classy long-range strike against Liverpool, the defenders thought he wouldn't know what to do with time and space outside the box so they left him, and he just smacked it into the bottom far corner.