2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

Feels a bit like when France suddenly died and weren't the best national team in the world.

Been coming all tournament IMO, Spain have looked fragile defensively without Alonso alongside Busquets screening the back 4.

Brazil just happened to be the first team who took their chances.

I have little doubt that Alonso will be straight back into the first XI once he recovers from his injury, Del Bosque just used his absence to experiment.

Same but having said that i might have been tempted to revert to type and brought Martinez in for Alonso.

Anyway man, Neymar looks like what we needed, somebody else that looks threatening upfront so Messi can't be shut down. And he's much more of a team player that what I was led to believe. Weirdly tonight has made me strangely happy.

Messi has been shut down quite often in the past few years, glad you don't have to worry about it anymore. :thup:

Feels a bit like when France suddenly died and weren't the best national team in the world.

Been coming all tournament IMO, Spain have looked fragile defensively without Alonso alongside Busquets screening the back 4.

We'll see in 2014. This is a bad litmus test. Playing one of the best sides in the world, in a stadium that is rocking to the brim (fans against them every match), against players giving 150 percent effort, when you are probably tired and don't care that much. It's a combination of factors. Spain, Nigeria, and Uruguay just didn't have the quality/execution to do it. La Roja will be an extremely difficult team to beat next year.

We'll see in 2014. This is a bad litmus test. Playing one of the best sides in the world, in a stadium that is rocking to the brim (fans against them every match), against players giving 150 percent effort, when you are probably tired and don't care that much. It's a combination of factors. Spain, Nigeria, and Uruguay just didn't have the quality/execution to do it. La Roja will be an extremely difficult team to beat next year.

Oh they will still be one of the favourites without a doubt but they need to revert back to basics and not allow games to be so open.

Anyway man, Neymar looks like what we needed, somebody else that looks threatening upfront so Messi can't be shut down. Weirdly tonight has made me strangely happy.

You make me sick sometimes. :lol:

International football is pretty much win-win for me. I never get that worked up if Spain loses, but I'm happy if they win. I'm very much club over country.

Not so much linings, it's like the clouds are made entirely of silver. :lol:

I'm pretty aware that some day all of this will end (and we'll finish second), but for now I'll take every happiness that comes my way. :)

Hope someone nicks his iPad. [/likelytohappen]

Probably nicked it himself.

#circleoflife

:lol: True. TBF in a stadium on live TV is probably the only public place in Rio you can show it off.

Anyway man, Neymar looks like what we needed, somebody else that looks threatening upfront so Messi can't be shut down. And he's much more of a team player that what I was led to believe. Weirdly tonight has made me strangely happy.

Messi has been shut down quite often in the past few years, glad you don't have to worry about it anymore. :thup:

Class.