RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

And that interview on the radio before being confirmed DoF. :lol: The guy's like Livia Soprano: utterly hilarious albeit completely unintentionally.

Livy was a vindictive cunt, she knew what she was doing.

Most despicable character in the show, but fucking hilarious.:lol:

My jaw dropped more than once listening to that TalkSport interview. I'd never really subscribed to the genuine theory that Ashley was taking the piss out of supporters, but you felt it then.

Guest neesy111

Would never have been relegated in 08/09 had he stayed on...

In fairness, I agree. He'd have drawn plenty of those games that Shearer/Hughton had us lose.

Not really, we were in awful form by the time of his heart attack.

As much as a joke and embarassment this guy is, I don't hate him as much as I hate Pardew. Like someone else earlier said, he's harmless now so just treat him like a regular guy now.

Agreed. Was thinking this the other day. Hated him at the time but really got nowt against him. Gave us some comedy moments when you look back on it whereas as pardew I think I may hate that cunt to his grave.

Of course he's obsessed with us.  We're literally the only notable thing to happen to him in the last decade, professionally or personally.  Before he joined and after he left, all he's done is sit around waiting for a heart attack.

Definitely feels like he's doing this as part of some sort of rehab programme, his tweets are so placid man. Will end up being like Bernard Righton where the offensive remarks slowly start slipping out and there's no way back [emoji38]

Wasn't the whole point with Bernard Righton that you think he's going to be horrifically offensive and then he's actually dead PC? So the exact opposite of that.

Definitely feels like he's doing this as part of some sort of rehab programme, his tweets are so placid man. Will end up being like Bernard Righton where the offensive remarks slowly start slipping out and there's no way back [emoji38]

Wasn't the whole point with Bernard Righton that you think he's going to be horrifically offensive and then he's actually dead PC? So the exact opposite of that.

Yeah but it would sometimes unravel, he'd say something racist by accident and he'd be mortified.

“What’s worse than a Geordie mass-debate? The holocaust.” John Thompson lives really near me, as it happens. He's funnier.

• 9 months later...