RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I don't think it's been alex ferguson, wenger, etc etc that's been answering his calls. He's just some senile old man who's been imagining he's been managing real madrid for the past 10 years and all his friends indulge him

"yes joe this is sir alex ferguson how are you?"

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 38m

Dear NUFC fans. As a member of the "snidey press" I would like to apologise for brainwashing you into showing disrespect to Joe Kinnear. As you clearly don't have minds of your own, it was irresponsible of me to attempt to influence you in this way. Having now read Joe's best-selling book, The Bible, I understand that all this was "water off a duck's arse" and that his fundamental role in leading Arsenal to an unprecedented quintuple of trophies, including Rear of the Year 2078, was worthy of better. I would also like to extend my apology to David Llambazee, Dizzy Gillespie, Lethal Bizzie and NUFC players, Sherpa Ameoni, Yohan Kebab and Harry Ben Nevis.

Is all this real? Sounds to be just about the most embarrassingly unprofessional thing I've ever known associated with the club.

Ashley fucking hates us, I don't care what anyone says. The cunt hates us, this is nothing but sheer spite.

Manager Joe Kinnear, who has been chasing Hartson for some time, admitted: "I'm delighted. John is a smashing lad and a top-quality striker who has proved himself with 24 goals last season.

"He's only 23 but he is experienced and skilful.

"People might wonder at the size of the fee for a club like Wimbledon but I have half a dozen worth that much in my squad."

Hartson, who will sign a six-year deal if he passes a medical, said: "This is a great move for me.

"Joe has worked wonders and I know Wimbledon style needs someone like me - a strong target man who can score goals."

Honestly thinking about giving up English football until Ashley leaves the club. This is just fucking shocking. Completely disgraceful and enough is enough. That fucking interview man. :jesuswept:

Guest Slippery Sam

Making him manager that time was one thing, but to find out he's s****, then wait nearly a decade until he becomes completely senile, and make him Director of Football. I mean, literally no words for a decision like that.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's all in his warped mind. He needs medical help - seriously.  If Ashley can do one good thing, it would be to get the best help available for Kinnear.

Guest icemanblue

Is all this real? Sounds to be just about the most embarrassingly unprofessional thing I've ever known associated with the club.

Ashley fucking hates us, I don't care what anyone says. The cunt hates us, this is nothing but sheer spite.

Why now, though? What has provoked this, after seemingly turning a corner?

Manager Joe Kinnear, who has been chasing Hartson for some time, admitted: "I'm delighted. John is a smashing lad and a top-quality striker who has proved himself with 24 goals last season.

"He's only 23 but he is experienced and skilful.

"People might wonder at the size of the fee for a club like Wimbledon but I have half a dozen worth that much in my squad."

Hartson, who will sign a six-year deal if he passes a medical, said: "This is a great move for me.

"Joe has worked wonders and I know Wimbledon style needs someone like me - a strong target man who can score goals."

TBF he said most of them were free transfers, not all of them.

Ashley f***ing hates us, I don't care what anyone says. The c*** hates us, this is nothing but sheer spite.