RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Guest bimpy474

God no, he's worse than Hitler. You wouldn't get Hitler playing jungle music at three o'clock in the morning.

:lol:

Can you imagine Shola's face of Bent, Gomis and Remy rock up to the training ground. Maybe he is being converted to a centre half instead of Willo??

Only seen the snippet interview on SSN and the fucker didn't confuse me, must be a plus. Why we can't go after the other position I don't know, hasn't this fucker got a diary and a to do list?

Guest thenorthumbrian

His best interview so far, but 8 minutes into that extended Kinnear interview the feckin eejit just makes up a word:

"I underknow how it'd be frustrating for anyone at the club..."

Now I've typed that, it does seem like I'm nit-picking what was overall a good interview. Meh - feck it - he's still a t*** and we still haven't signed anyone.

[/quot

e] It's says a lot that people are surprised that Kinnear gave a relatively competent interview. Shouldn't this be the least we can expect from employees of the club , particularly ones in such high profile roles ?

Reading paper talk on SkySports, get to the Telegraph and find out Luke Edwards isn't bitter at all, no sir.

"Newcastle director of football Joe Kinnear has defended his failure to make any new signings at St James' Park, but says their supporters have a right to be concerned."

:lol:

I don't believe a word of what he's saying. He's a serial liar with no intention of communicating facts, just putting himself in the centre of attention. The fact that he says "I've put in bids" speaks volumes. It's not his money, not his targets and I would think Charnley handles most of the negotiating. I wouldn't trust Kinnear with a bag of sand.

Remember when he was here last time and spoke of his £5m bids for Albin Ebondo and Stephane M'Bia publicly. It's all complete bullshit.

To me it seems insane to speak so openly about what is going on until deals are done. Its like he is only answering to the critisism about lack of transfers , trying to convince people he is working hard. It only comes out as unprofessional, desperate and incompetent, Kinnearesque...

In some ways, JFK is the perfect DOF. Nobody knows if he is telling the truth or not. We may not be interested in ANY of the players he spoke about, or all of them. We may have no budget, or a £50M kitty.

In some ways, JFK is the perfect DOF. Nobody knows if he is telling the truth or not. We may not be interested in ANY of the players he spoke about, or all of them. We may have no budget, or a £50M kitty.

The snag being that he doesn't know either.

The snag being that he doesn't know either.

hehe, yep, quite possibly.

And so it begins with the Express saying that we aren't discussing Bent. Big trouble if this was all made up.

As I just posted on the Bent thread:

From the Birmingham Mail's Villa reporter (very reliable usually) today:

Meanwhile, Villa are baffled at suggestions from Joe Kinnear that they are “still in negotiations” with Newcastle about Darren Bent.

And despite the Magpies’ interest in Bent this summer Villa have not received any offers or entered into discussions with the St James’ Park club about the striker.