RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

The former Wimbledon manager said he wanted to make the team "far better", adding he would not interfere with team selection or tactics.

"I'm a very good judge of player and a good tactician," he added.

"I'm not picking the team," added Kinnear. "I'm there solely to make sure he gets the best possible team on the pitch."

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

The former Wimbledon manager said he wanted to make the team "far better", adding he would not interfere with team selection or tactics.

"I'm not picking the team," added Kinnear. "I'm there solely to make sure he gets the best possible team on the pitch."

Nothing wrong with that if it's 100% true. But this is us after all :lol:

I can only read that as signing the best players he can to enable Pardew to select the strongest XI as possible. Still hate the idea of him as a DOF.

I cannot believe this utter embarrassment is associated with our club again.

Think I'm done tbh. I can't continue putting money into a club that is run so fucking terribly.

An astoundingly bad move from Ashley if this turns out to be true. Shows that Pardew is not trusted and that Kinnear is being brought in to carry on with Ashley's bidding. Anyone also notice this has come out with the season ticket deadline has PASSED?

Can see this being the final straw for many. :(

It's not a big change.  Pardew never had final say on transfers, that was Lambias job.  Carr still ahead of scouting, but instead of pushing players to Lambias he is pushing them to Kinnear. 

Pard's hoofball + JFK's Wimbledon's direct ball ftw.

A clear playing style at last.

We are Stoke.

At least Stoke have the players for that.  For us, it's like we buy Lamborghinis and use it as a f***ing garbage truck.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I actually can't believe this has happend. Joe fucking Kinnear! Someone please knock me out so bad that I'll only wake when this club isn't capable of being a complete farce!

Guest bimpy474

Pard's hoofball + JFK's Wimbledon's direct ball ftw.

A clear playing style at last.

We are Stoke.

With shitter coaching staff.

I think the opposite, i think they've got Kinnear in because Ashley wants better football. Just so happens they have appointment a idiot who is unsuited and completely wrong for the job.