RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

It's what this appointment represents that 's so disheartening. I've been more patient with Ashley than I should have been over the years he's been here. I've watched him shamelessly tear apart the club that I love, plaster his cheap tacky shitty brand over what was once a stadium to be proud if. I've stood by whilst he besmirched the reputation of a childhood hero and shit carelessly on the history of the club by renaming SJP. Again, I stood idle whilst he watches devoted fans plaster their children in shirts carrying the logo of one of the most vile, objectionable, companies that could possibly have been chosen to sponsor our once great club. Not any more.

This farce of an appointment is the last straw for me. It shows that this fat cunt cares not a jot for the fans that line his pockets, nor for the future or direction of the club. What he has somehow managed to achieve (promotion/finishing 5th) appears increasingly more like it was luck more than judgement. How can a club with ambition seriously promote Joe fucking Kinnear to handle such important matters as playing style and player recruitment? A senile, clueless, dinosaur and a cunt to boot.

Now, I'm not from Newcastle, but since becoming a supporter in 1996 I've grown to love this club dearly. It's part my life, my family, it's my hobby, my source of enjoyment. The thing is, it's times like this that make one realise that, it's not actually the club I fell in love with any more. Football changes, we know that, but we've become a shadow of what we once promised to be. We've become a club that's had its very soul ripped out, something a long time ago. I've had enough, to be honest. For so long it's been hard to tear myself away, to convince myself that everything that's happened has been done for the greater good, the future. I can't continue to delude myself anymore, I'm afraid. Whilst my club continues to be owned by Mike Ashley, it's not my club. It's his. To do with as he wishes at the behest of those that have devoted so many years to supporting Newcastle United.

Yes, this may be an overreaction, but this fat bastard has continued (and will continue) to shit upon fans from a very great height. He doesn't care. Why, then, should I? This is not, and will not ever be, the NUFC that I loved. It's cheap and tacky, classless.

He says he's going to be the judge on which players aren't good enough. This is the cunt who thought Enrique was shit and wanted to move him on. And he's STILL going on about 'Geordies only want Geordies working at Newcastle'. What a load of shit, and what a fuckin arsehole the man is.

I'd rather be totally shit but trying to do well than this.

Anyone got a guide on how to help someone to have another heart attack?

It's just another example of the wankers in charge thinking they know better than anyone else. There MUST have been a reason for last season being bad, and it wasn't their managerial choice or squad investment so what we need is someone in between the footballing and financial side, like we had the other year - 08/09 IIRC - when things went really well. Someone cheap is better, possibly someone from London. Someone who's not in any way unprofessional and is the envy of other top flight clubs. Someone who can take over when some Spanish giant poach Pardew.

Joe Kinnear fits the bill. Makes perfect sense.

“I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to come back. I have turned down managerial jobs in the lower leagues, because I felt I'd gone past that and I wanted to get my teeth into something in the Premier League.

“I’ve been very fortunate in my life as a manager, I’ve been manager of the year three times and I’ve had a great football career so I think I’m ideal for this situation.”

:facepalm: :dowiespin:

That's just an outright lie.

Nothing will happen, people will still turn up to the games, it's our fault he is still here (Ashley) you want him out don't go to games. It's never gonna happen. Pathetic really.

He'd sooner watch the club go down than sell at a reduced club because of unhappy fans. But well done for insulting all fans that still want to follow the club that was here long before Mike Ashley.

Christ sake, man. Kinnear. It was the likes of him that made me hate the club and hate supporting it.

There's nothing wrong with the transfer policy and the board are very proud of it, so that's obviously all a cover-up and they're trying to force Pardew out. Plain as day imo. Kinnear will be manager before long.

I'm holding out hope that he job he's been offered isn't the job he's telling everyone he's got.  He makes stuff up all the time, hopefully this is just some minor honorary role that doesn't matter.

I'd like to be able to reserve my judgement until I've seen the effects of this, but I really can't see much chance of it having any benefit whatsoever. So, unless a miracle happens I'm pretty much done defending them as although I still don't think that they got some hidden agenda to damage the club, they're still making some massive mistakes and seemingly still don't realise just how obvious it is that they've got it wrong. They have done some good stuff and have significantly improved the day-to-day running of the club in a number of ways, both financially and in terms of player recruitment, but a lot of that progress has been counteracted by making some massive individual errors of judgement and this, particularly on the back of the season we've just had, is one too many for me, I think. They're not as bad or evil as most people believe, but they do appear to be idiots and I can't be arsed to stick my head above the parapet and go against the majority view any more. Feel similarly about Pardew and all. :(

Has he really been manager of the year 3 times ? He also said that he was at Newcastle for 2 years. We've got Aldridge Prior back.

He was LMA Manager of the Year once, 19 years ago.