RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

It's not a big change.  Pardew never had final say on transfers, that was Lambias job.  Carr still ahead of scouting, but instead of pushing players to Lambias he is pushing them to Kinnear. 

Thing is Carrs scouting reputation exceeds that of Kinnear. So it makes no sense whatsoever for Ashley to use him as a go between. The only reason that would have validity is if you doubted the original guy giving you player recommendations and wanted someone with more experience to approve them further. Otherwise whats the point?

Scouting is the one thing we've been getting right.

I get a strong feeling his role will be to oversee the development of reserves, development squad, U18, U16 so there will be a chance for players to achieve the next level and move up to the first team squad.

I believe it has been a shambles as in the Brighton result in the FA Cup where lesser players just proved how utterly shite they are and the gulf between 1st team and the rest is massive.

He's still a cunt though and it proves that Ashley is quite blatantly taking the piss out of every paying customer.

"Quit moaning about Kinnear, give him a fair chance. Guys been in the game his whole life and some of you judge him off half a season when we are already knee deep in the brown stuff. I'm happy to see him take the weight off Pardew and have a say in transfers and our style of play which has been as negative as most of the 'fans' on here. Llambias can now focus on the business side rather than football. Ashley knows what he is doing, have faith."

:anguish: :anguish:

Pard's hoofball + JFK's Wimbledon's direct ball ftw.

A clear playing style at last.

We are Stoke.

At least Stoke have the players for that.  For us, it's like we buy Lamborghinis and use it as a f***ing garbage truck.

We will too once we shift 4 or 5 and bring in some good hoofballers.

"Quit moaning about Kinnear, give him a fair chance. Guys been in the game his whole life and some of you judge him off half a season when we are already knee deep in the brown stuff. I'm happy to see him take the weight off Pardew and have a say in transfers and our style of play which has been as negative as most of the 'fans' on here. Llambias can now focus on the business side rather than football. Ashley knows what he is doing, have faith."

Saw that on fb. This is why any sort of protest would never work, some people just don't have a clue..

Have no words for this.

That's just it. I can't muster anger/surprise/disappointment - it's a random concoction of everything. Could literally be the most stupid decision I think I can ever recall in my time supporting us; second to Souness' appointment probably.

I would physically shudder every time I thought of Kinnear's time with us. And still looked back on his not-signing of the full-time contract with absolute relief.

Just cannot get over the fact this geriatric, deluded, senile, embarrassing, old cunt is representing us again. I didn't like the board, but this really has changed a lot for me. It's unrecoverable for me now.

“I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to come back. I have turned down managerial jobs in the lower leagues, because I felt I'd gone past that and I wanted to get my teeth into something in the Premier League.

“I’ve been very fortunate in my life as a manager, I’ve been manager of the year three times and I’ve had a great football career so I think I’m ideal for this situation.”

:facepalm: :dowiespin:

Saw that on fb. This is why any sort of protest would never work, some people just don't have a clue..

Yep that's where I pulled it from. Left that group now, some unreal shit gets spouted in there.

You're right, some people are so blind it's unreal.

Beggars belief. :idiot2:

We have to get this cunt out of our club. Sorry we have to get these cunts out of our club.

This is taking the piss. Simple as. Fucking disgrace.

He (the fat despicable cunt) is running our club into the ground. Cheap spiv.

Surely we have to act now. Boycott all merchandise, boycott matches. NUFC will be there long after this turd and his turdettes have died of heart attacks, strokes and venereal diseases (soon please god).

Short term stay away to benefit our club in the long run.

Last straw this. :rant: