RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Nothing official from club.. is it not just this utter f***ing clown bullshitting ? clutching at straws I know

They'd have said something by now surely.

No they wouldn't. They will when the deal is done, not before surely.

Anyway, I just can't believe it's true. It cannot be.

If it is true just shows what a loud mouthed c*** he is, surely the club would want to handle the announcement ?

Said on sky hed signed this afternoon

Guest Howaythetoon

I know I've said it many many times before but this is my lot with NUFC now. I've attended what, 10 games or so in the last 3 years? My mate runs the Gateshead supporter's club and keeps asking me to attend their games. I've attended a few probably half the number that I've attended NUFC games these last few games and while I won't lie the quality is dire, the fun is better so that's where I'm going next season and where my hard earned shall be spent.

Pete Graves ‏@PeteGravesSky 57s

Alan Pardew will continue to manage #nufc as normal. But Derek Llambias (finance) and Joe Kinnear (football) will advise Mike Ashley.

This as it stands is quite proper and the right way to do things. Just the names Pardew, Llambias and Kinnear, oh and Ashley make it look dreadful.

Agreed, i support the set up. I just don't support the personnel trusted to carry out these roles.

I know I've said it many many times before but this is my lot with NUFC now. I've attended what, 10 games or so in the last 3 years? My mate runs the Gateshead supporter's club and keeps asking me to attend their games. I've attended a few probably half the number that I've attended NUFC games these last few games and while I won't lie the quality is dire, the fun is better so that's where I'm going next season and where my hard earned shall be spent.

I was actually thinking about going to watch some games too having read all the latest nonsense

Guest bimpy474

Has this appointment not really changed much other than the embarrassment factor. Carr still scouts, Ashley will still pay what he thinks is value for money.

This is going to be interesting if anything. Always embarrassing though :(

Can only hope that Kinnear has been told that he will have to work strictly within our existing transfer policy, and so he won't be able to do any massive damage. Got a hand full of straws right now.

It's the worst possible jobs for the boys example and sums everything up about Ashley's intentions at the club. He's showed all his cards with this one, no doubt. Colossal fuck up

Has this appointment not really changed much other than the embarrassment factor. Carr still scouts, Ashley will still pay what he thinks is value for money.

This is going to be interesting if anything. Always embarrassing though :(

It has changed, he has final say on transfers. If Pardew/Kinnear agree and Carr doesnt, Carr may not win that battle. It was even before.

Guest bimpy474

Please God if this is true let him be just a glorified admin person and nothing to do with the football side of things.#clutchingatstraws

I actually think this correct, his health will prevent more from what i was reading earlier.