RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Guest bimpy474

Has this appointment not really changed much other than the embarrassment factor. Carr still scouts, Ashley will still pay what he thinks is value for money.

This is going to be interesting if anything. Always embarrassing though :(

It has changed, he has final say on transfers. If Pardew/Kinnear agree and Carr doesnt, Carr may not win that battle. It was even before.

Where did it say he has final say on transfers ?, i thought that would always be Ashley as the money man.

Can't wait for his first press conference.

Or his first signing, "We had an option on Messi, but he's an Argie and I've had to peddle off Side Show and Guilty As for that reason. Anyway, we've got Scotty Parker back, he's a right good geezer and has unfinished business here."

"I'm still hopeful on Carlton Cole."

Has this appointment not really changed much other than the embarrassment factor. Carr still scouts, Ashley will still pay what he thinks is value for money.

He's the manager in waiting, loads has changed.

Guest bimpy474

He's the manager in waiting, loads has changed.

He can't manage again because of his health, he has to take 6 tablets morning and night, and with a Mum on the same stuff, stress is something she has to avoid.

Well judging this by my Mum's own heart problems probably isn't the best thing :lol:

It has changed, he has final say on transfers. If Pardew/Kinnear agree and Carr doesnt, Carr may not win that battle. It was even before.

Where did it say he has final say on transfers ?, i thought that would always be Ashley as the money man.

Ashley is final say on everything ofcourse, but Kinnear overules the other two now. He chooses who isnt good enough etc

Guest bimpy474

Does his appointment mean we get rid of fecking Llambias? Who was our DoF?

We didn't have one, Lamearse was the MD/Chief executive.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Llambias controls finance while Kinnear controls football apparently. :lol:

I read that, but how was it before? Llambias handling both of them? Or we simply didn't have  a dof (which would explain a lot of our transfer windows :lol: ).

Guest bimpy474

Ashley is final say on everything ofcourse, but Kinnear overules the other two now. He chooses who isnt good enough etc

Ahh, well assuming that would be in conjuction with Carr. Carr would now be bringing those players to Kinnear rather than Llambias. Which is far better if you look at that way. Clutching straws like.

Ahh, well assuming that would be in conjuction with Carr. Carr would now be bringing those players to Kinnear rather than Llambias. Which is far better if you look at that way. Clutching straws like.

Llambias is still finance though, so really if he says no it's a no.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Cheers.

Well he won't be able to do worse than Llambiarse, will he?

IF he'll be nowhere near our dugout and leaving the embarassment aside maybe it's not as bad as it sounds...

Guest bimpy474

Llambias is still finance though, so really if he says no it's a no.

True, but i think i would rather Kinnear (or should i say a different DOF) in Ashley's ear that Llambias on whether a player is good enough.

Apart from managing the wimbledon thugs what's he actually done in football?

He got us relegated.

Way more to it than that. To be honest I actually think we might have stayed up under him. Fuck me they probably would have kept him on if we did. :o

Wtf's happening? :lol:

That's our next manager sorted if Pards leaves. Go on, make your choice guys. :lol:

Aye, looks more like an insurance move for a quickfire replacement if Pards f***s next season over.

Guest bimpy474

Cheers.

Well he won't be able to do worse than Llambiarse, will he?

IF he'll be nowhere near our dugout and leaving the embarassment aside maybe it's not as bad as it sounds...

I'm pretty much along this line of thinking, but it's JFK. He might well be brilliant at it but his gob and bulll will always be a massive turn off.