RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

I still haven't figured out the logic behind all of this. Have you?

It's the kind of thing people on here would joke about a couple months ago. "Of course it can be worse, imagine if we appointed Kinnear, LOL".

JFK was referred to in one of the papers as a "xxxxxxxx grenade", can't remember what, but for me this is where the logic lies...it's the only thing that makes sense

due to some fallout MA wants DL and AP gone so he's wheeled out a court jester to publicly ridicule and undermine AP at every turn...thrown him in like a grenade

i'd say we're basically waiting to see if AP's pride is stronger than his desire to hang onto the wage packet/prestige job

MA isn't this stupid, you don't make his type of money by being stupid, you just don't

He's stupid to have got himself into this position in the first place, the manager should have been on a contract of no longer than 3 years, like every other manager in the country. As always though, he thinks he knows better.

I still haven't figured out the logic behind all of this. Have you?

It's the kind of thing people on here would joke about a couple months ago. "Of course it can be worse, imagine if we appointed Kinnear, LOL".

JFK was referred to in one of the papers as a "xxxxxxxx grenade", can't remember what, but for me this is where the logic lies...it's the only thing that makes sense

due to some fallout MA wants DL and AP gone so he's wheeled out a court jester to publicly ridicule and undermine AP at every turn...thrown him in like a grenade

i'd say we're basically waiting to see if AP's pride is stronger than his desire to hang onto the wage packet/prestige job

MA isn't this stupid, you don't make his type of money by being stupid, you just don't

That's silly though, as you say Mike (the owner, not the poster) hasn't become rich by being an idiot, and that's just a too roundabout way to just fire a guy you lost trust in (I really doubt his 8 year deal is ironclad).

Mike hasn't become rich by being an idiot, but he also hasn't necessarily become rich by employing any skills or tendencies that make him suitable for running a football club. A retail business has many layers of management and quite well-defined income and expenditure that is mostly tweaked here and there. Football is a world away from that. I thought he had found a team (Llambias/Carr/Pardew) that he was letting get on with it, but it seems the relationships have soured and Ashley wants someone in there who only bats for him.

I still find it weird that he didn't just fire Pardew if he wanted him out, and Llambias as well. Maybe any level of compensation was too much, who the fuck knows.

the alternative to the kinnear grenade theory is that a man who is worth billions, has ran a successful company during an economic meltdown and whatever other positives we attribute him, is the only person on the fucking planet that can't see kinnear is a joke and unsuited to the job

i think it might be a mix of what's been posted in the other thread; he lost it with pardew and llamblias after last season (and i don't blame him) and he's either (a) executing a solution to the worst of anyone's imaginations or (b) doing something to drive everyone out of the club and start afresh

i have to believe (b), fucking have to man :lol:

also backing up my conspiracy theory, when he said yohan kebab it was too straight...he didn't stutter or falter, then a sentence or two later he calls him cabaye

hoax man, telling you...probably realises how badly the insomnia thing went down and is playing up to it...no way ANYONE gets those three names wrong imo

the alternative to the kinnear grenade theory is that a man who is worth billions, has ran a successful company during an economic meltdown and whatever other positives we attribute him, is the only person on the f***ing planet that can't see kinnear is a joke and unsuited to the job

i think it might be a mix of what's been posted in the other thread; he lost it with pardew and llamblias after last season (and i don't blame him) and he's either (a) executing a solution to the worst of anyone's imaginations or (b) doing something to drive everyone out of the club and start afresh

i have to believe (b), f***ing have to man :lol:

or another theory, is that there is no plan at all, and he's just hoyed Kinnear in for the fun of it, being old chums that they are.

If it is a method to drive Pardew out then it's massively calculated.

or another theory, is that there is no plan at all, and he's just hoyed Kinnear in for the fun of it, being old chums that they are.

give me an example where a multi-billionairre has ever fucked with one of his multi-million pound business just for shits and giggles

any, in history, that are vaguely comparable

the alternative to the kinnear grenade theory is that a man who is worth billions, has ran a successful company during an economic meltdown and whatever other positives we attribute him, is the only person on the f***ing planet that can't see kinnear is a joke and unsuited to the job

Pardew's the only bastard who's refusing to go. Everyone else from the Chairman to the chief scout are throwing the towel in so if it's a plan it's not going too well at this point. 

Pardew's the only b****** who's refusing to go. Everyone else from the Chairman to the chief scout are throwing the towel in so if it's a plan it's not going too well at this point. 

If he's clever and astute, how come he bought the club without carrying out due diligence?

People giving Ashley too much credit here

Pardew's the only b****** who's refusing to go. Everyone else from the Chairman to the chief scout are throwing the towel in so if it's a plan it's not going too well at this point. 

If he's clever and astute, how come he bought the club without carrying out due diligence?

jesus christ man

jesus christ man

Jesus Christ man what?

give me an example where a multi-billionairre has ever f***ed with one of his multi-million pound business just for s***s and giggles

any, in history, that are vaguely comparable

Like I say, it's a theory, and none of us on this forum have the faintest clue what is going on or why Ashley does what he does.

Of course its plausible that he doesn't fancy paying Pardew whatever he's due if he's sacked so wants him to throw in the towel. If he takes out any of the others whom have mis-performed in the process well then so be it.

Losing Carr would be a huge blow though. The players Kinnear recommend are likely to cost more than the ones Carr does.