Sunderland

Nobody

Remember being at Birmingham when they went down. Was a couple of chants but we generally couldn't care less.

Hope Villa Park is absolutely awash with bedsheets at the end of the season.

Newcastle are/were a big club, Birmingham aren't, that's the point though. That's away as well, they were at home. Are you saying that our fans wouldn't gloat if Chelsea went down this season and we had them last game of the season? Or if a team like Spurs, Everton or Villa went down? I think it's totally naive to think that our home fans wouldn't like. Our fans are spiteful by default to the extent that they boo most ex-players purely because they're ex-players.

we might gloat if a big club went down but going to the effort of taking bed sheets im not so sure. They were numerous that day too. Way OTT. Let's make sure we stay clear of the drop 1st but a bottom 3 including villa and the mackems would be fantastic.

I have my doubts that these sheets are actually made by the fans

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the tabloid press knock a few up during the week and hand them out on match day

Our fans brought a 'Pardew back from the dead' banner into the ground ffs, that's the kind of sycophantic shit we're capable of.

I thought someone who knew them said they were neutrals taking in a game while they were in the city and they just did it for the lulz?

Our fans brought a 'Pardew back from the dead' banner into the ground ffs, that's the kind of sycophantic s*** we're capable of.

I know one of the lads who pulled that stunt and he supports Chelsea :lol:

Media get all over it and it just makes a mockery of Newcastle fans in general. Easy for a small minority to have a big impact on what other fans make of a particular fanbase. In regards to us going down and Villas reaction though, that was way over the top and not just a small minority.

Fair enough, never knew that like :lol:

All football fans are shit though on the whole at the end of the day, and they all love goading over everyone else whenever possible, we're no different.

Same thing would happen if the roles had have been reversed and it was Leeds going down (for example) imo. All hypothetical like, I just think people think far too highly of our home fans, they'd be all over it.

Its nowt to do with thinking a lot of our fans.  I just don't agree that what Villa's fans did was normal and I don't just mean three fans making banners either.  Obviously we'll never agree on that though.  If I believed what happened that day was normal I'd have to stop being involved with Football, because if every fan is that pathetic its not worth being associated with.

Anyway I didn't consider that Sunderland were playing Chelsea today, Mourinho sacked just in time for their game :lol:

People can claim it's because we are big club that we got so much abuse for going down, look at how Bolton fans reacted when they sent Leeds down, no banners, no chants, no post-match celebrations aside from cheers for having a good win. Bolton sent Leeds down 3 years to the day since they played Valencia in a Champioons League semi-final.

They're going to get absolutely arseholed today, aren't they. :lol:

I think they'll lose but not get hammered. If the Chelsea players flip the switch and score 4 or 5 then it'll just a bit too obvious that they just gave up on Mourinho. Broadcasting their unprofessionalism.

I'll go 2-0

I think they'll lose but not get hammered. If the Chelsea players flip the switch and score 4 or 5 then it'll just a bit too obvious that they just gave up on Mourinho. Broadcasting their unprofessionalism.

I'll go 2-0

What, you mean like Robson's first home game in charge?  :lol:

I'll go 2-0

I'd take that scoreline today.

I'll go 2-0

:megusta:

I'll go 2-0

:megusta:

Sorry for being old, but what does that smiley actually mean?

Guest neesy111

Have the Mackems ever spent big on someone and them not be a total disaster?

Flo, Gordon, Rodwell, this lad, Wickham, Dozy...

Bent was a success.