Sunderland

Nobody

Is it just me who thinks they're missing something obvious?

Is this highly paid, highly regarded barrister going to come out with something genius?

Or have they just realised they're shafted?

'You wanted to nonce her, Mr Johnson?'

'Yes'

'And you did nonce her didn't you, Mr Johnson?'

'I did, yes.'

'Um.....'

'Can I go now?'

Is this highly paid, highly regarded barrister going to come out with something genius?

Aye...He hasn't actually made a "defence" yet.

The jury must be chomping at the bit.

Johnson looks bad, but from what I've read they're no closer to proving digits/blowie beyond all reasonable doubt. In the absence of any forensic evidence, witnesses, footage - it's her word vs his on those key issues.

Johnson looks bad, but from what I've read they're no closer to proving digits/blowie beyond all reasonable doubt. In the absence of any forensic evidence, witnesses, footage - it's her word vs his on those key issues.

There's no way they can though, it'll always be word v word. That's been evident since the start

Aye, but if the jury think that Johnson is a liar "beyond all reasonable doubt" then he will be convicted based on that. From what I have read he looks as slimey and slippery as they come, so will expect the jury to see that also.

In the opening statements they said that they cant judge him based on one word against the other. Given they don't have any other evidence I don't understand why its continuing (Other than showing him up to be a massive nonce)

There's no way they can though, it'll always be word v word. That's been evident since the start

Therefore I imagine the prosecution's only card is to try and impugn the credibility of his word by getting him to lie about intentions which his actions are clearly contrary to - but he isn't biting. :dontknow:

He kinda has to give evidence though.  :lol: It's quite easy to criticise the Defence in this one but to do so ignores the fact that there is a huge pile of evidence that limits their hand considerably.

Yeah, I guess otherwise there's nothing to counter her testimony, and you can't really just rely on the prosecution not having proven its case. But man, the feeling leading up to him getting on the stand could not have been a great one. :lol:

The jury has been shown a photograph of the cast which Johnson said he had on his left hand when the alleged sexual encounter took place.

Johnson told police the cast covered all of his hand “up to his finger tips.”

After seeing the photograph which was downloaded from his iPhone following his arrest the player admitted in court that he had “got confused” and told the police the wrong thing.

The photo showed that the bandage only covered his thumb and not his fingers.

“I just got it wrong,” Johnson said.

“I couldn’t remember how far up the hand the cast went. I was getting confused with other bandages.”

Ms Blackwell QC told the court that Johnson’s life was not affected by his injury and he was even able to play golf.

Johnson denied the prosecution’s allegation that he had wrongly tried to give police the impression his hand was immobilised.

In his defence given less than 24 hours ago, he tried to claim the cast would have prevented him digitally penetrating the girl... Now he has back tracked entirely and admitted the cast only covered his thumb. :idiot2:

In the opening statements they said that they cant judge him based on one word against the other. Given they don't have any other evidence I don't understand why its continuing (Other than showing him up to be a massive nonce)

The criminal justice system is built on the premise of one person's word against another.

If the prosecution didn't bother with offences where that is the primary evidence, hardly anybody would ever be convicted of rape or sexual assault.

He kinda has to give evidence though.  :lol: It's quite easy to criticise the Defence in this one but to do so ignores the fact that there is a huge pile of evidence that limits their hand considerably.

Yeah, I guess otherwise there's nothing to counter her testimony, and you can't really just rely on the prosecution not having proven its case. But man, the feeling leading up to him getting on the stand could not have been a great one. :lol:

The I agree with 99% of the Prosecution case but trust me, that 1% just straight up didn't happen defence.

Just wondering, since RTG have banned mention of it, do you think their posters are reading this instead? Has there been an influx of new members requests that are suspiciously mackemesque?

It's only banned on there until after the trial I think we all know how Mackematics works...