Sunderland

Nobody

He'll make them harder to beat and half decent at set pieces but whether that'll be enough to stay up is anyone's guess.

I'm not sure they've got the players to make them effective the Fat Sam way. He struggled here because we didn't have a big team physically, long balls to Owen and Martins was never really a great strategy.

He'll make them harder to beat and half decent at set pieces but whether that'll be enough to stay up is anyone's guess.

I'm not sure they've got the players to make them effective the Fat Sam way. He struggled here because we didn't have a big team physically, long balls to Owen and Martins was never really a great strategy.

And our midfield 3 was devoid of any pace unless emre was playing.

Just like theirs will be with Cattermole and Nolan :lol

Deep defence marshalled by 3 sitters with all the reliance on their admittedly OK widemen (Lens, Johnson, Borini) and Fletcher/Toivenen who are decent in the air at the 'Davies'. Works fine.

You don't need to be quick to play for set-pieces.

And our midfield 3 was devoid of any pace unless emre was playing.

Just like theirs will be with Cattermole and Nolan :lol

Campo, Hierro, Nolan, Per Frandsen, and a 35-yo Gary Speed were hardly speed merchants.

All I'm saying is he'll have the same problem  all of their managers have. Chronic lack of pace means they can't move up and down the pitch effectively. They either sit deep and lack any cutting edge or they push forward and expose the equally slow centre backs they have and get torn to shreds (as Advocaat has shown this season and Di Canio did a couple of years ago)

Deep defence marshalled by 3 sitters with all the reliance on their admittedly OK widemen (Lens, Johnson, Borini) and Fletcher/Toivenen who are decent in the air at the 'Davies'. Works fine.

You don't need to be quick to play for set-pieces.

But you do need a few big lads, and I'm not sure they've got that many so I don't think they'll be scoring a lot of goals from set pieces. They look a lot like we did when Allardyce was here, a mish mash of over the hill players with a few dangerous players thrown in like Defoe, Lens, and maybe Borini. Are they the type of players Fat Sam can utilise? I have my doubts.

Whatever your thoughts about their capabilities under him, they are going to beat us next weekend. No matter how disillusioned I become with NUFC it will always kill me losing to those odious w*****s.

Hold the line fella, it's not over til the fat cunt smirks...