Sunderland

Nobody

We got relegated about four managers down the line. Might as well say we'd never have got relegated in 08-09 if we'd not sacked Dalglish.

History has been rewritten by pundits in the media and other idiots to say we got relegated the season we sacked Allardyce. "They'd never have got relegated if they hadn't sacked Allardyce". We got relegated the following season.

They probably have a slightly better chance of staying up now, but at what cost?

Staying up is now the ceiling of their ambition, at the cost of eye-bleedingly terrible, negative, anti-football. Think I would rather just go down and have done with it.

Also worth pointing out that he only won 3 of his last 21 games at West Ham, it's not a given that he'll automatically make them better.

Saw a "Big Sam" team absolutetly surrender against us,.a team managed by John  Carver on the last day of last season.

He had the chance to send us down and they were absolutely s***. He's s***

Saw a "Big Sam" team absolutetly surrender against us,.a team managed by John  Carver on the last day of last season.

He had the chance to send us down and they were absolutely s***. He's s***

They had nothing to play for and he was about to be sacked regardless, man.

Guest Roger Kint

Did Allardyce have restrictions under Ashley? We sold who we knew would be sold anyway (Dyer...Parker), and signed pretty much everyone he wanted (Smith, Viduka, Geremi, Barton, Faye, etc).

He is the very reason we have restrictions. The horrific signings and expense he heaped on us in that first year scarred Ashley for life

Poyet was a better appointment IMO. At least he gave them something more than just survival, at least when he was appointed there was a chance that he might make them decent. With Sam, all they can hope for is barely surviving while watching turgid football

Allardyce seems incredibly overrated on here. Fair enough, he's never been relegated but I wouldn't say he's their best appointment in years. Nowhere near.

It's an average, short-term appointment which doesnt change the absolute shit in their team.

Pretty delighted tbh. He was a mackem cunt at heart and suits that club down to the ground. It's just surprising that Klopp ended up at Liverpool ahead of either of such highly rated English managers as Pardew or Allardyce.

All I've heard about this all day is "he'll get them organised", he didn't get us organised, west ham weren't particularly well organised and neither were Blackburn (at the latter two he got average teams to finish in aberage positions). He hasn't got a team to punch above it's weight since a couple of years at Bolton and he's going to have to do that.

All I've heard about this all day is "he'll get them organised", he didn't get us organised, west ham weren't particularly well organised and neither were Blackburn (at the latter two he got average teams to finish in aberage positions). He hasn't got a team to punch above it's weight since a couple of years at Bolton and he's going to have to do that.

Fairly certain the Mackems will be happy finishing between 14th and 17th every year.

Fairly certain the Mackems will be happy finishing between 14th and 17th every year.

Every year? No...

Next two/three seasons I'll snap your hand off.

His style of football doesn't bother me. We've never been particularly good to watch apart from a 6? Game spell under Poyet and a couple seasons under Reid.

You lads have probably been spoiled by some great football under Keegan and even more under Robson.

Do I hope my team achieves more than scraping survival every season? Yes

Do I want to watch attractive football? Of course I do.

Is Sam Allardyce the ideal choice at this moment in time?

Yes he is. We could be more ambitious. Appoint Favre, Phillips, the list isn't that long tbh.

We need to establish ourselves. We need the money that the Premier League will provide in the next few seasons (I've seen our accounts)

We're at the stage now where we just need a few boring seasons a la Stoke. Same as a newly promoted team. He should have been appointed when Bruce was sacked.

We've scraped survival now for three seasons. He needs to be given a few seasons to provide a platform. Stable. Top Division. Then we can look to attract better.

Best we can hope for. Swansea and Southampton are well run and I'd love to have that. Our bloke tries but we can't realistically be like that...

I can say without hyperbole or malice (I am not that big on the makem hating thing) that you will regret this appointment.

I loathed him while he was here. Since KK I would put him only above Souness and JFK as the worst manager we have had (yes, worse than Pardew). The football we played under him was eye-stabbingly boring and we usually lost anyway. He also has zero class and an immense ego. A horrible person.

Derby County had 1 victory in 38 games in the 2007/2008 season. That was against SA's Newcastle. Derby took 4 of their season total 11 points off Nufc. It would have been 6 points off Nufc if it wasn't for a late equaliser. "We're shit and we're sick of it" was the chant that got him fired.

Enjoy your football Sunderland fans.

There must be some weapons-grade mack-tracking on RTG at the moment. "Right man for the job", "As long as he keeps us up (and beats the mags)", "GERRIN FTM!!"

For the mackems reading this: You thought you've been watching absolute dirge? Stay tuned....

There must be some weapons-grade mack-tracking on RTG at the moment. "Right man for the job", "As long as he keeps us up (and beats the mags)", "GERRIN FTM!!"

For the mackems reading this: You thought you've been watching absolute dirge? Stay tuned....

Nothing will be worse than watching Poyet's last few games.

Or in fact I'd recommend getting some highlights of us under O'Neill against Norwich when they went down to 10 men.

That made my eyes bleed.

Nolan is probably just about as fit as my dead grandad these days.

Nolan or no Nolan, regardless of Fat Sam, if McClaren has anything about him he should be expecting a win in this derby. Their defence is shocking and they don't have the pace or power that Fat Sam needs to build an effective long ball game.