Sunderland

Nobody

Started their usual crap about how we're all 1992 bandwagoners  :lol:

Considering a fair chunk of us were barely born by 1992 :lol:

:okay:

I'm a 1993 bandwagoner. If you've stayed with this club with all the shit since then, you deserve a motherfucking medal of honour. This club is the only time I experience more pain outside the bedroom.

I have faith that McClaren will set us up and expect us to play football unlike hi predecessors, however I question the players moral if we go behind or come under the cosh at any point. I just hope yesterday has convinced them well enough we have enough in the tank to outscore such a dire team.

I hope the fact that it's a derby gets played down during the squad preparations. I really don't see the point in motivating the players by using the derby angle - it means absolutely fuck all to them. I'd bet that having the likes of John Carver around, during the build-up to the game, championing it and telling them they can't dare to lose - is one of the reasons why we've been so flat during the last five encounters. It needs to be treated like any other game against a shit team.

Agree. Just need to play the match and forget who it's against. I'd be confident if it was against any of the other bottom 6 teams but we just seem to go to pieces in this game. Our XI is quite a bit better than their XI so it's just a case of seeing if we our arses drop out again.

Noel's just announced some UK gigs for April. No Newcastle though. Think I'll make the effort with Super Furry Animals supporting

Glasgow, The SSE Hydro (April 21)

Aberdeen, AECC (April 24)

Liverpool, Echo Arena (April 25)

Leeds, First Direct Arena (April 27)

Birmingham, Genting Arena (April 29)

Bournemouth, BIC (April 30)

For some and not others. You could see Mitrovic's mad little dial light up when the interviewer yesterday said he'd be a hero forever if he scored next week.

:lol: I had same thought, imagined the cogs whirring into overdrive. Mitro (sadly), despite his tender years, probably has lived experience of tribal hatred that puts our 'Makems must die...' (...But not really like, mate) type banter into sharp contrast.  Really hopes he keeps his shit together/stays focussed. Could imagine players and crowd putting a fair bit of effort in, to get under his skin/provoke him.

just some of the things sunderland are famous for :D

Not confident of this/familiarity with the dark place thankfully fairly sketchy, but I thought cheesy chips was a Teesside thang... at least I first came across it there (circa 1995), much to my amusement.