Sunderland

Nobody

Two offside goals and another opposition red card that'll be overturned. You got lucky, hope we get a bit sooner rather than later.

We got a very fortunate deflection goal in extra time to grab a point against Man U just 24 hours earlier.

Not sure if serious.

Why? You said you hoped we would get a bit of luck sooner rather than later. Technically speaking we got a somewhat fortunate point from a lucky goal just 3 or 4 minutes ago, in terms of playing time. That Dummett shot would probably still be orbitting the earth if it didn't take that deflection. On a serious note, I watched their game yesterday and their performance deserved the 3 points easily and Swansea were a complete mess. I think it's a false argument to point to their luck whilst discarding our own (Bournemouth anyone). We're both in the bottom three because we've both been playing shit, creating very little and conceeding loads. Luck has very little to do with it.

Deflected goals are in the laws of the game though. Being offside twice and a red-card which shouldn't have happened are both out of Swansea's control.

Honestly wonder if Fat Sam is in with the FA the amount of decisions that go their way, red cards that are absolutely ludicrous, blatant offside goals... I thought teams at the bottom got no luck..

Two offside goals and another opposition red card that'll be overturned. You got lucky, hope we get a bit sooner rather than later.

We got a very fortunate deflection goal in extra time to grab a point against Man U just 24 hours earlier.

Not sure if serious.

Why? You said you hoped we would get a bit of luck sooner rather than later. Technically speaking we got a somewhat fortunate point from a lucky goal just 3 or 4 minutes ago, in terms of playing time. That Dummett shot would probably still be orbitting the earth if it didn't take that deflection. On a serious note, I watched their game yesterday and their performance deserved the 3 points easily and Swansea were a complete mess. I think it's a false argument to point to their luck whilst discarding our own (Bournemouth anyone). We're both in the bottom three because we've both been playing s***, creating very little and conceeding loads. Luck has very little to do with it.

Surely Dummett's shot would've had to be on target for him to be awarded the goal?

Haha Dummets shot was definitely on target...

Could also argue the luck was against us with Manure's penalty decision, and the lack of penalty on Janmaat. Its not just about luck though, its about shit refereeing decisions going there way, and costs their relegation rivals as well as benefiting them.

They also conceeded the softest ever penalty yesterday

I was wondering if this would be brought up.

It was brought up plenty along with the 2 clear offside goals that were allowed to stand.

Our 1st yes. Defoe's second... debatable

Also 3rd...debatable. Van Aanholt's was going wide until the deflection, and the red card was not one. Kinda lucky imo. 3 offsides and an og, cracking work. Our gripe is we should have had a pen and a red which would have changed the game, especially since the should-have-been-sent-off-guy went on to score. No axe to grind, but you lot get some luck. I think the mackems at work count is 4 and tbh they were all giggling at it. :lol: Bastards.

Not sure if serious.

Why? You said you hoped we would get a bit of luck sooner rather than later. Technically speaking we got a somewhat fortunate point from a lucky goal just 3 or 4 minutes ago, in terms of playing time. That Dummett shot would probably still be orbitting the earth if it didn't take that deflection. On a serious note, I watched their game yesterday and their performance deserved the 3 points easily and Swansea were a complete mess. I think it's a false argument to point to their luck whilst discarding our own (Bournemouth anyone). We're both in the bottom three because we've both been playing s***, creating very little and conceeding loads. Luck has very little to do with it.

Surely Dummett's shot would've had to be on target for him to be awarded the goal?

It was, that's why he's been awarded the goal. The lad's clearly trolling.

Not sure if serious.

It was, that's why he's been awarded the goal. The lad's clearly trolling.

You'll have to watch it again. The upward trajectory of the ball was quite visibly decreased by the deflection. Considering the distance to goal from where the deflection happened I think it's fair to conclude that the original shot would have gone over the bar comfortably.

Nah it was already going in that's why he's been awarded the goal. Anyway you're comparing a perfectly legitimate goal with 2 offside goals and a sending off that wasn't one and will be rescinded. That's the point.

I'm not comparing. I was just suggesting we got a bit of luck, as you lamented we never get as opposed to the mackems. As for it going in, I will trust my own eyes thank you very much, I can only assume you haven't rewatched it. In fact, the Van Aanholt goal that was given to him was also a lucky deflection and it would have been well wide too, so your conclusion that if a deflected goal is given to the attacker it was on target is not necessarily true.

Nah it was already going in that's why he's been awarded the goal. Anyway you're comparing a perfectly legitimate goal with 2 offside goals and a sending off that wasn't one and will be rescinded. That's the point.

I'm not comparing. I was just suggesting we got a bit of luck, as you lamented we never get as opposed to the mackems.

We took a shot and scored. Sunderland scored twice with 2 offside goals and their opponents had a player wrongly sent off with an hour of the match remaining. No point discussing this any further if you can't grasp the difference. I won't mention the penalty Janmaat should have had or the fact that Man Utd should have finished the game, maybe even the 1st half, with 9 men.

Just to weigh on the Swansea v Sunderland debate.  The second offside goal was actually very marginal, even if it did look miles off in real time.  What I couldn't understand was, was that the linesman was about 5 yards too deep.  So there is no way he could have made an accurate judgement.  I know they can't always be in line, but he has no reason to be that far off the last man. 

There have been some shocking refereeing decisions in the midweek games.

It's like playing as Dagenham and Redbridge on FM and making an enquiry about Neymar. The audacity of these daft c***s to go to a huge relegation rival and ask if they'd be interested in selling their best player to them. :lol:

Also, police have said the horse was on RTG yesterday and might have slightly insinuated Shelvey will improve the mags a bit. He got called a mag kernt and was threateningly told to watch his letterbox. Next day, throat slashed.

Also, police have said the horse was on RTG yesterday and might have slightly insinuated Shelvey will improve the mags a bit. He got called a mag kernt and was threateningly told to watch his letterbox. Next day, throat slashed.

Fuck me one less horse for a mag to sit on as well :(

The Ayew approach sounds so ridiculous, it makes me wonder if they've had some sort of indication that he might be available for transfer for some absolutely ridiculous reason. Surely not though. Apart from the fact that 75% of the league would be interested, it would put a nail in Swansea's coffin.