Sunderland

Nobody

City are such a lazy team. They could destroy Sunderland but they can't be bothered.

I know it is just a friendly and on a s*** pitch, but City don't scare me as much for the opener after watching this game.

You are in for a shock they, they always tear us apart

City are such a lazy team. They could destroy Sunderland but they can't be bothered.

I know it is just a friendly and on a shit pitch, but City don't scare me as much for the opener after watching this game.

Pelegrini's still experimenting with his side, they'll have improved drastically in 3 weeks time

Just read on SSN that one of their players is out on a season long loan to Fenerbache..is it the player they signed back on January? one that was supposed to be their Tiote..pretty sure it was him..

Just read on SSN that one of their players is out on a season long loan to Fenerbache..is it the layer they signed back on January? one that was supposed to be their Tiote..pretty sure it was him..

N'dyia (sp) fella.

I feel sorry for them a little.

Bruce buys a load of shit. Media make out they are doing something special and they all buy it.

O'Neill spunks all their money on Fletcher and Johnson. Media make out they are doing something special and they all buy it- I even recall a number on RTG saying it was their best ever squad!

Di Canio buys an entirely new squad with only 1 player of pedigree (an Italian midfielder who will likely not adapt to English football). Media make out they are doing something special and they all buy it.

The circle just goes on and on.

Another common denominator in all of that is they have an owner who is not afraid to change things around when it goes stale, and who isn't allergic to actually seriously backing his chosen manager. One day they might get it right, whereas under penny pinching Ashley, and with Pardew and his successor Kinnear already at the club, we know for a fact we will not break the top 4 or win a trophy anytime soon.

If Sunderland managed to finish 5th like we did the season before last they'd already have "gotten it right" as much as they possibly could, they have absolutely no chance of ever breaking the top 4.

If Sunderland managed to finish 5th like we did the season before last they'd already have "gotten it right" as much as they possibly could, they have absolutely no chance of ever breaking the top 4.

Exactly. If they achieve a tenth of what we've achieved in the last 20 years they'll be delighted.

And we've achieved fuck all!!

They are doing the same as us when we went through managers such as Souness, Roeder, Allardyce etc. Changing managers regularly and throwing big money at the problem. Cant imagine how much they have spent on transfers over the last say, five seasons.

Another common denominator in all of that is they have an owner who is not afraid to change things around when it goes stale, and who isn't allergic to actually seriously backing his chosen manager. One day they might get it right, whereas under penny pinching Ashley, and with Pardew and his successor Kinnear already at the club, we know for a fact we will not break the top 4 or win a trophy anytime soon.

I will bet you anything you want Sunderland will not break the top 4 anytime soon.

Prepared to eat my own faeces, drink my own piss, whatever sum of money you want, your terms.

Up for it?  :laugh:

As much of a moron Ashley can be at times we still have a better squad and despite being relegated they still failed to take the chance to push on and be where they really should despite a lot of investment. I would love Ashley to be a bit more like Short when it comes to investing in the squad but Short is definitely not something I am jealous of when it comes to Sunderland.

I am almost certain the PDC appointment will monumentally fail too.

They are doing the same as us when we went through managers such as Souness, Roeder, Allardyce etc. Changing managers regularly and throwing big money at the problem. Cant imagine how much they have spent on transfers over the last say, five seasons.

Around £125,000,000.

It's alright laughing at their spend when it's been by a succession of wank managers on garbage. If they stumble upon someone genuinely decent then that level of investment could be put to good use. Obviously it won't do much about their inferior city and half full identikit stadium but it's definitely a case of 'one day?' for them.

It's alright laughing at their spend when it's been by a succession of wank managers on garbage. If they stumble upon someone genuinely decent then that level of investment could be put to good use. Obviously it won't do much about their inferior city and half full identikit stadium but it's definitely a case of 'one day?' for them.

been thinking about this, still think they are our lessers. but- I also think Short/ pdc have more ambition than thier counterparts at our club.

So yeah left like this for any length of time the gap could be closed on the pitch. that said its always a taller order for them for countless reasons theres always more money to be sourced for Newcastle than Sunderland.  Brings me back to an earlier point tho- with Ashley the club is dragging its arse along the ground- a stronger Sunderland and a Toon going nowhere?

Yes, let us spend millions and millions on as many players as possible in the hope of stumbling on someone half decent.  Just like Sunderland have done... oh.  They should be mocked for an appalling transfer record.

I suppose one day they may get really lucky, get a decent manager to spend the money they're throwing around and manage to finish 6th or 5th.  But then again we managed 5th two seasons ago so its hardly something that's beyond us.  We're held back by Ashley's suicidal decisions and they're held back by being Sunderland.

Also I wonder how long short will keep putting this amount of money in without results.

Same could be said for us could it not? We don't exactly have the worst squad in the world despite a limited spend.

We may have paid a pittance for the squad but the squad isn't worth a pittance. As much as Ashley is a tight fucker we have managed to get in a number of players worth a lot more than we paid for them so if we continue to do that and get a decent manager I don't see why it would be any different.