Sunderland

Nobody

They've got 6 points off those in the reverse fixtures, beat Man Utd over two legs, knocked Chelsea out of a cup and made Man City have to pull out two wonder goals to turn the tide of a League Cup final.

They're much better suited to playing sides who they can sit back against.

Still quietly hopeful they'll go down, but it's far from a certainty. Especially with Palace/WBA not exactly in a hurry to pull themselves clear.

They've got 6 points off those in the reverse fixtures, beat Man Utd over two legs, knocked Chelsea out of a cup and made Man City have to pull out two wonder goals to turn the tide of a League Cup final.

Still quietly hopeful they'll go down, but it's far from a certainty. Especially with Palace/WBA not exactly in a hurry to pull themselves clear.

I'm still clinging to the fact we seem to raise our game against the big teams. However I'm resigned to the fact we're probably going down.

I've seen this too many times to be hopeful.

I'm still clinging to the fact we seem to raise our game against the big teams. However I'm resigned to the fact we're probably going down.

These big teams are also chasing results now, we are now into crunch time of the league.

Refs always favour the big teams.

Watch out for some dodgy old decisions coming in the next few weeks.

These big teams are also chasing results now, we are now into crunch time of the league.

Refs always favour the big teams.

Watch out for some dodgy old decisions coming in the next few weeks.

Yep

Sorry about the penultimate sentence btw, as both you and StrayMackem have been a great addition to the forum, but it's a painful experience losing 6 points to you every season :laugh: :thup:

General joe geordie will make even less of an attempt to oust the fat man without our brutal 6 monthly arse rapings. Stay up pls.

Your luck has to change some time man.

I'm hoping it doesn't but still. Eventually you'll beat us.

General joe geordie will make even less of an attempt to oust the fat man without our brutal 6 monthly arse rapings. Stay up pls.

Your luck has to change some time man.

I'm hoping it doesn't but still. Eventually you'll beat us.

Not whilst Pardew is manager.

Our fate will be sealed on Monday. We'll put in another pitiful home performance against another mediocre team, and the best we can hope for will be a draw. It's happened all season in the league, and there's no evidence to suggest it's going to change now. What it will do (hopefully) is put an end to the delusional posters on SMB, who seem to think we are going to miraculously and suddenly change our woeful home form.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the worst 3 teams always go down, and if we're one of them the so be it. It'll be deserved.

Edit :

So it's Sundo now ey ? Pack of bastardos.

Our fate will be sealed on Monday. We'll put in another pitiful home performance against another mediocre team, and the best we can hope for will be a draw. It's happened all season in the league, and there's no evidence to suggest it's going to change now. What it will do (hopefully) is put an end to the delusional posters on SMB, who seem to think we are going to miraculously and suddenly change our woeful home form.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the worst 3 teams always go down, and if we're one of them the so be it. It'll be deserved.

Edit :

Agree fully but I dare not post it on there for fear of being called a pussy/bed wetter et al

Edit :

Agree fully but I dare not post it on there for fear of being called a pussy/bed wetter et al

Mags tbh.

Edit :

Mags tbh.

:lol:

If the worst three teams go down every season how comes Pardew is so sure we're safe? You'd be hard pressed to find a team playing worse football than us ATM, present company accepted  :iamatwat:

I've got to say I've watched Newcastle about 15 times this season, and apart from Man U away, Fulham away (I think), and Man City at home in the cup, I've not been impressed at all. But Pardew must be doing something right, because your league position is something we Sunderland fans would kill for.

If the worst three teams go down every season how comes Pardew is so sure we're safe? You'd be hard pressed to find a team playing worse football than us ATM, present company accepted  :iamatwat:

I've got to say I've watched Newcastle about 15 times this season, and apart from Man U away, Fulham away (I think), and Man City at home in the cup, I've not been impressed at all. But Pardew must be doing something right, because your league position is something we Sunderland fans would kill for.

Cabaye and Remy dragged us backwards through the hedges. Should be fun next season. Stay down there, keep a seat warm for us.

Wouldn't have been Fulham away.  Possibly West Ham or Palace away.

I've got to say I've watched Newcastle about 15 times this season, and apart from Man U away, Fulham away (I think), and Man City at home in the cup, I've not been impressed at all. But

Pardew must be doing something right

your league position is something we Sunderland fans would kill for.

I'd be careful coming out with pro-Pardew stuff like that, some folk on here (not me) take real offence.

As said above Remy and to a lesser extent Cabaye dragged the rest through by the scruffs of their necks.

And it really really really wouldn't have been Fulham away. Our best 2 performances Imo have been Liverpool and Chelsea at home. Guess which away game was sandwiched between those two...