Sunderland

Nobody

Lose their next game and they're done. Even if they get something, it'll be tough.

Aye, even a point isn't enough. Had Cardiff not scored then even a win wouldn't have been enough imo.

Guest WashyGeordie

Sunderland getting relegated? It's all we have left to play for this season...

Hopefully Carroll/Nolan or both to score on monday aswell!

Guest BenArfa10

Nah, no way they stay up nah, not from here simply because teams like Crystal Palace, Cardiff etc (the teams around them) are showing a far greater desire to drag their clubs out of the mess in which they've got themselves into. What I see of Sundo suggests that the players only raise their games when playing the 'top' teams as they want to get noticed for a move in the summer, Borini especially (or a more prominent role at L'pool). When they play the teams around them they still think, even at this stage of the season that they have to simply turn up and win, and that will be the death of them.

I'd say most of their squad knows they won't be there next season and as such they have mentally left the building, they just don't care about keeping Sundo up, they care about giving a nice turn every now and then to woo some suitors but their hearts are certainly not in Sundo. Watching their home games there is just so much pressure on them to attack all the time. If a backpass is played you'll hear boos ringing out. I think Gus is a bit naive if he thinks he's going to get players like Catto, Colbo, Alto and Larsso playing the free flowing game he prefers. The fans start bewing if the ball isn't in the oppositions final third at all times and it creates nervousness in the players. Do they want to be a hoofball team?

But let's think about this for a moment, why would the players care about that club? From top to bottom the club is toxic. The fans hate the players for being lazy wasters, the players hate the fans for bewing at the slighest opportunity and their overactive imaginations with regards to their standing as a club. The manager hates the fans for not giving him enough time, the players don't like or trust the manager because he chops and changes so often and comes out with comments that they don't like (i.e. the truth). The fans hate the manager for telling them how it is and bottling the FA cup. Finally, the fans hate each other because, well I don't really know it's just in their makeup to be aggressive towards anyone who questions their superior worldview. It is not a 'together' club and each person from top to bottom is out for themselves. Gus is only using them as a stepping stone to a bigger club like Spurs.

There is only so long they can tread water for, I think this season will see the end of them.