Sunderland

Nobody

edit- can anyone remind me where to find a 38 game rolling table?

Here :-

https://www.thechels.co.uk/last-38-league/

How can anyone look at that and think Pardew is a good manager? It's unbelievable. Worse than two clubs that were relegated.

But... Robbie Savage said... And he's played the game professionally, so therefore knows much more than us mere mortals right?!?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30613524

Following on in the proud tradition of Bruce, O'Neill and Di Canio. If they get so upset about the festive fixtures why not mention it in June when the fixtures are released rather than waiting until you've lost a game over Xmas then bringing it up out of nowhere?!?

He's got a point mind, there's just no need for it.

Game the week before xmas, boxing day, new years day, fa cup 3rd round.

That lot over just less than 2 weeks is enough.

Used to be you'd play the same team home and away on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, when men were men. :lol:

:mick:

f***ing new page pensioner.

Double derby bumming. Imagine that!!! :anguish:

Amazingly that has never happened! We double botted them in 1955, 6-1 and 3-1 on 26th and 27th, but that's the best I can do, and it's sad that I looked it up. OK, I admit it, I have a book. :(

Nvr mnd, Dec 5 1908 1-9 is all that counts FTM.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30613524

Following on in the proud tradition of Bruce, O'Neill and Di Canio. If they get so upset about the festive fixtures why not mention it in June when the fixtures are released rather than waiting until you've lost a game over Xmas then bringing it up out of nowhere?!?

He's got a point mind, there's just no need for it.

Game the week before xmas, boxing day, new years day, fa cup 3rd round.

That lot over just less than 2 weeks is enough.

What your saying is probably technically correct for all sorts of very sensible reasons. However..

I fucking love football. I love going to watch it, and I love the silliness/eccentricity of the festive football schedule, having a match every other day for a short period. It really breaks up the monotony of the festive period for me and even though we normally don't do very well over that period, not many teams do win all 4 games. The fixtures do seem very squashed together this year due to the days of the week, but most teams had a 6 day gap between Saturday 20th and Boxing Day.

There are plenty of leagues that don't have this hectic schedule that the likes of Poyet, van gaal, Benitez (he always,used to gob on too) are more than welcome to manage in, but they've chosen the coin/prestige of the Premier League and if they are successful they won't be shy in proclaiming their adaptability to a different football culture. This is part of the different culture and part of being successful here is being to navigate this challenge better than your rival. We used to play 2 games in 3 days over Easter too- title races and relegation fights could be blown wide open over one weekend. The Wengers of this world used to moan about that too until it got stopped- iirc because of UEFA diplomatically scheduling Champions League dates either side of it.

As football fans most weeks of the year we are screwed over royally by fixture changes, stupid kick off times and daft prices. If for just one week of the year they have to play more games than they want to for my entertainment- with 6 months notice in advance- I think the least they can do is get on with it without moaning.

Rant over, sir  :p

Every team has to deal with festive logjam, arguably it does tend to give the league some bias towards teams with huge squads but I don't see it having a huge effect. I don't like the idea of a 'break' in the league, I like it to be a marathon, a bit of it being especially tough is beneficial to it, not a negative. You don't see many race drivers saying 'that circuit has too many difficult corners', difficulty is good in sport, it shouldn't be easy.