Sunderland

Nobody

Would be very interested to hear what our resident mackems think of this

Upgrade on Jozy.

That's not saying anything though.

Said that tongue in cheek. Difficult to convey through text.

I just wanted a chance to piss off the Yanks.

Defoe's game is about more than pace to be fair. Fires his shots very quickly with little back lift catching out goalkeepers and seems to score a lot of his goals from distance in open play. Not injury prone either for somebody relying on pace if I remember correctly. I think he will definitely keep them up this season and next, which will have made the investment more than worth it. Whether the length of the deal comes back to bite them in the arse after that will depend on how quickly he tails off, but I don't think it's a bad deal at all personally, especially when you factor in they've got rid of Antiscore. Yes, they overpaid a little (wages mainly), but then they have to or no player of his ability would even contemplate joining them.

Tbf Jozy has played sparingly this season, so it's not as if he's holding them back. He's just kinda...there...and they're crap regardless.

Defoe's still got goals in him, if he can be provided service. They're overpaying, sure, but he's not a bad addition.

Tbf Jozy has played sparingly this season, so it's not as if he's holding them back. He's just kinda...there...and they're crap regardless.

True. They were paying him wages though, which has to be taken into account in how much the Defoe deal will ultimately cost them.

is he any good anymore? I'm basing my opinion on old defoe

he scored a whopping 1 league goals in the 13-14 PL ,season

And 9 in the other competitions, in half a season. Let's be fair to the guy. :lol:

Defoe's game is about more than pace to be fair. Fires his shots very quickly with little back lift catching out goalkeepers and seems to score a lot of his goals from distance in open play. Not injury prone either for somebody relying on pace if I remember correctly. I think he will definitely keep them up this season and next, which will have made the investment more than worth it. Whether the length of the deal comes back to bite them in the arse after that will depend on how quickly he tails off, but I don't think it's a bad deal at all personally, especially when you factor in they've got rid of Antiscore. Yes, they overpaid a little (wages mainly), but then they have to or no player of his ability would even contemplate joining them.

Defoe does shoot at every given opportunity, every time he gets the ball he hits it for a shot like my 8 year old playing FIFA.

is he any good anymore? I'm basing my opinion on old defoe

he scored a whopping 1 league goals in the 13-14 PL ,season

And 9 in the other competitions, in half a season. Let's be fair to the guy. :lol:

yeah europe? thought it was fair not to include this where Sunderland are concerned. :lol:

they seem 100% certain it will work out and propel their club to that next level they keep on about.

The next level at the minute is not being involved in a relegation fight season after season. I've always thought Defoe was a very good striker, and was underused at Spurs. He'll hopefully give us two things we are lacking. A striker that gets regular goals, and some pace up front. Yes it's a gamble, but it's one I'm 100% behind.

Defoe does shoot at every given opportunity, every time he gets the ball he hits it for a shot like my 8 year old playing FIFA.

Had completely forgot about that, used to do my head in when he did that :lol: it's not a bad trait for a striker to shoot a lot, but he took it to new levels.

As already mentioned, Defoe was regularly rumoured with moves to other clubs but wouldn't leave London, then Toronto came up on good bucks and he was off. Now he finally wants to move North, conveniently on £80k a week for 3yrs. And he is 32.

He might keep them up this year, but that's about it... Nufc have made some ridiculous big-money moves in the past, but not this ridiculous.

Upgrade on Jozy.

http://i.imgur.com/MtXfdC9.gif

Upgrade on Jozy.

http://i.imgur.com/MtXfdC9.gif

:lol: You don't have cats, do you? Looks exactly how you meant it though. :thup:

He will never be "back" because he is nothing more than an OK striker. He will continue to score buckets of goals in shit leagues when his confidence is high, and one day he'll probably get an offer to go to a good league again. If he had any sense, he'd reject it.