Sunderland

Nobody

He's not married.

If they have been together for 5 years then she's automatically entitled to 50% of his assets if they break up.

Thy haven't been together 5 years

Fair enough, if she gets a decent lawyer though she maybe to still get something.

You're off your

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/39/96455621_b3caf48ba6_z.jpg

One question that comes up regularly is ‘will my boyfriend have a claim on my flat if he moves in with me?’. Couples currently have very few rights and one partner generally doesn’t acquire the right to a share in the other’s property purely because they live together.

Glad we cleared that one up.

One question that comes up regularly is ‘will my boyfriend have a claim on my flat if he moves in with me?’. Couples currently have very few rights and one partner generally doesn’t acquire the right to a share in the other’s property purely because they live together.

Read beyond it and it says how theirs ways of entitlement.

:lol:

Nowhere on that page does it mention the 5 year clause you mentioned.

protect yourself with a written agreement... in general terms couples who live together without marrying aren’t able to make a financial claim against each other just because they’ve cohabited

If they have been together for 5 years then she's automatically entitled to 50% of his assets if they break up.

protect yourself with a written agreement... in general terms couples who live together without marrying aren’t able to make a financial claim against each other just because they’ve cohabited

:lol:

You actually took the time to read it?

You actually took the time to read it?

Well it wasn't exactly difficult nor time consuming.