Sunderland

Nobody

I guess he's being honest about all this stuff, so that he seems like he tells the truth and when he says "I wanted to have sex but we didn't" the jury believe him.

The club knowing is f***ed up. I've not wanted to comment on them, making this an us-them thing, but that's disgraceful stuff.

The only problem with the strategy is that he pleaded not guilty all the way up until the trial, so if you're on the jury you have to be thinking 'this lads full of shit'

Is that right though? He was charged then released and plead guilty on the first day of the trial didn't he?

He pleaded NG in all the hearings before trial - hence the trial.

I just assumed there was a hearing at the start ages ago and he plead not guilty, now much further down the line with the evidence against him he's plead the lesser charges. Didn't know there had been multiple hearings.

I guess he's being honest about all this stuff, so that he seems like he tells the truth and when he says "I wanted to have sex but we didn't" the jury believe him.

The club knowing is f***ed up. I've not wanted to comment on them, making this an us-them thing, but that's disgraceful stuff.

The only problem with the strategy is that he pleaded not guilty all the way up until the trial, so if you're on the jury you have to be thinking 'this lads full of shit'

Is that right though? He was charged then released and plead guilty on the first day of the trial didn't he?

He pleaded NG in all the hearings before trial - hence the trial.

I just assumed there was a hearing at the start ages ago and he plead not guilty, now much further down the line with the evidence against him he's plead the lesser charges. Didn't know there had been multiple hearings.

There's always several hearings before you get as far as Crown Court trial - the initial Magistrates hearing, then a Preliminary hearing at the CC, and since the prelim he's had at least two Plea and Case Management hearings.

The reason for withholding a guilty plea until the day of trial is usually in the hope that the key witness won't turn up, or change their mind about giving evidence at the last minute, or even that the CPS may just kick it late on. The different in credit for an early guilty plea compared to one on the day isn't massive, so many chance their arm that they may get off altogether.

Is it today that the prosecution cross examine him?  If he carries on performing the way he is he will be confessing to crashing princess Diana's car

:spit:

Wasn't coffee over my screen it was chewed eggs ffs :)

Fucking tickled me this comment has.....

It is a week ago today that Stacey Flounders last accompanied her boyfriend to court. She has not attended any of the hearings since that time.

She's behind some Chinese restaurant with some well hung big black guy getting fucked stupid in an act of revenge

So on the two charges that he's pleading not guilty, is his admission of intent now as bad as actually doing it?

Cannot believe this 'defence' of his.... and this is still his QC questioning him, not the prosecution.

Does Johnson's counsel just not know the answer he's going to give to the questions he's asking or is he trying to get him sent down? ???

I mean

"QC: Did you give this 15 year old girl your number to try to have sex with her?

Johnson: Yeah

QC "Oh shit I thought he'd say no to that :frantic:"

Guest firetotheworks

Can only assume that he's going with what looks like/is the truth so that the part that he's pleading not guilty to has more credence/because it's the truth.

Yeah I suppose, just don't think its a good strategy.  I mean he's admitting his intent was to have sex with her, and she's saying he had sex with her.  But we're supposed to believe it didn't happen, why?

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah I suppose, just don't think its a good strategy.  I mean he's admitting his intent was to have sex with her, and she's saying he had sex with her.  But we're supposed to believe it didn't happen, why?

Purely because he's openly admitting to everything else, but isn't admitting to that, I imagine.

In interview, Johnson said he "couldn't believe" what the girl was saying he had done. He has told jurors: "I couldn't believe these things she was saying to the police. I felt that someone was making her say these things."

Probably a mag at work

Purely because he's openly admitting to everything else, but isn't admitting to that, I imagine.

And lack of evidence.

She didn't say they had sex did she?