The other games today - 2013/14

JH

The difference in how concussions are handled in North America v England is interesting. Too many athletes here had their brains scrambled and took action against the leagues.

Now if a player is even thought to have a concussion, they are taken to a speacial darkened room for full and immediate evaluation.

At Spurs it was a "How ya feelin'?" "Good ya?" PLAY ON!!

It's normally like in England TBH, in many other sports. Not sure what happened at Spurs, bad decision all round.

The difference in how concussions are handled in North America v England is interesting. Too many athletes here had their brains scrambled and took action against the leagues.

Now if a player is even thought to have a concussion, they are taken to a speacial darkened room for full and immediate evaluation.

At Spurs it was a "How ya feelin'?" "Good ya?" PLAY ON!!

It's normally like in England TBH, in many other sports. Not sure what happened at Spurs, bad decision all round.

Regardless of how exactly Lloris was feeling, the issue for me is it perpetuates the mentality that it's alright to just play on. It's an extremely serious thing and should be treated as such, due to the harm it can cause.

Every time it happens over here the player is subbed and shipped straight to the nearest hospital. Was shocked to see Lloris stay, that's not the usual procedure at all.

I seem to recall Demba Ba getting kicked in the noggin at SJP and IIRC he was not shipped to the nearest hospital. have I got that wrong?

Every time it happens over here the player is subbed and shipped straight to the nearest hospital. Was shocked to see Lloris stay, that's not the usual procedure at all.

I seem to recall Demba Ba getting kicked in the noggin at SJP and IIRC he was not shipped to the nearest hospital. have I got that wrong?

He didn't get a concussion though.

As I mentioned yesterday, he probably said he felt okay and decided to play on. Nowt wrong with that.

He couldn't even remember what had happened  :lol:

He was in no position to make that decision himself, should have been hauled off. Although Dawson/medical team did try and he refused, AVB should have done more rather than looking like a man who was wasting his 3rd sub on Brad Friedel.

The problem with head injuries is even if you feel ok its really impossible to really tell as most of the damage will be internal.

Personally if i was the doctor in that situation i would make AVB take him off as a precaution you can never be too careful with head injuries.

Although what's done is done now and thankfully Lloris is fine.

Isn't the point not that we wouldn't know because he didn't have a proper medical assessment?

This is what I was trying to highlight. I don't understand asking the player if he is OK to proceed when it comes to hits to the head. How are they supposed to assess themselves. A person does not have to "black out" for it to be serious. The medical staff and the manager have a duty of care for the players IMO.

Did he have a concussion? If not, and he was and is completely fine, then what's to say that the medical team didn't know that? Haven't seen the incident or read anything about it really, but it seems to me that he's fine?

Did he have a concussion? If not, and he was and is completely fine, then what's to say that the medical team didn't know that? Haven't seen the incident or read anything about it really, but it seems to me that he's fine?

He was knocked unconscious and couldn't remember what happened. There's absolutely zero excuse for him continuing.

Basically what Deuce said.

It's palnese who loves a good tackle, isn't it?

He think stretchers for broken legs should be banned and yellow cards dished out to those pussy enough to be on the receiving end of horror challenges.

'The Butcher of Ålgård' is how he's known to friends and family.

The fuck :lol:

Now that's a custom title if I ever saw one. :lol: