Stewart Downing

NUFC_Sam

I just don't rate him and feel like we have been down this road before. Maybe it is just because he is a left winger at a club he is no longer wanted at, who cost them nearly £20m but is now available for a quarter of that, is approaching 30 and on high wages which scares me :lol:

The fact he is English should play no part, as said I would much rather go for Ince or Sinclair. Downing may have been a decent player a few years back but we of all clubs should know that means fuck all with some of our previous signings.

Reading all the reports on this it really does sound like an agents job to gain interest.

Hopefully Kinnear mentioning we are targeting a left winger has just given the journos an easy target to make up.

Has he been involved in any sexual deviancy? Just want to know if he fits our model.

:lol: Forgot about that.  Must have flashed his knob in a park or something at least.

He's not averse to fucking birds up: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083816/Liverpool-star-Stewart-Downing-arrested-punching-ex-girlfriend-nightclub.html

:thup: I'm really behind the new club policy, so will be fucked off if we don't give this a whirl.

Wouldn't be a terrible shout at £5 million providing his wages are reasonable. Downing's certainly more proven than Sinclair at least, who imo is still riding off the back of only one half-decent debut for Swansea.

Loads of people saying go for ince instead at £8M, but didn't Blackpool already accept an £8M bid from Cardiff only for ince to turn down the chance to move preferring to stay at Blackpool instead?

What makes people think he would come here if we had a bid accepted????

Loads of people saying go for ince instead at £8M, but didn't Blackpool already accept an £8M bid from Cardiff only for ince to turn down the chance to move preferring to stay at Blackpool instead?

We are better than Cardiff? besides his reasons where so " he could stay in the north".

Are Cardiff some massive club with great attraction these days? I can see plenty of reasons he'd rather be here than there.

Regardless of our underachieving last season, we have to be a better option than Cardiff?

Wales is full of twats, Newcastle is not full of Welsh Folk.  I went to Wales once Bangor to be precise, twats the lot of them.

Because we're not Cardiff?

We've won as much as they have in the past 40 years though haven't we? We aren't exactly a bastion of stability or success.

You really put us on par with Cardiff? Seriously?

Wigan have won more than us in the past 40 years. Are they now a bigger club? :lol:

STEWART DOWNING could be heading back to the North-East in a cut-price deal after Liverpool told Newcastle United he is available for just £5m.

The Reds are trying to trim their wage bill and, after offloading Andy Carroll earlier this summer, Downing could be sold by the Anfield club.

Newcastle are interested in bringing in a left-winger even though the priority has been to land two new strikers this summer

From Northern Echo, i'm absolutely convinced this is Liverpool trying to drum up interest rather than us actually being interested.