The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Tiote needs to be in a 3 man midfield with good users of the ball around him. For example, in a midfield alongside Anita and Cabaye he worked really well.

Ultimately pardew has played him as a midfield 2 with anita beside him, and IMO he is far less effective in such a setup.

Pardew is ultimately to blame, because even with Cabaye gone, he should still be in a 3 with Anita and Sissoko, and be encouraged to keep things simple with the ball.

I am not one to gloat or rub people's faces in it or jump around shouting when I am right . . . . . . . . . .

but Brett . . . . . .

http://f1.thejournal.ie/media/2014/03/tumblr_ltx7w7hrew1qc8jh0o1_500.gif

Aahhhhhhhhh.

Nothing to say you're right about, our season has just been average, many predicted (including yourself) a relegation battle, I've always said we would be nowhere near that and we haven't. Only thing I've started to sway opinion on is the fact now i'm willing to take Ashley's gamble. I was hoping to never have to see him appoint another manager again but this summer is so crucial for us, I simply don't think we can afford to let Pardew deal with it anymore the way things have panned out the second half of the season.

Many wanted this change far earlier and that's fair enough, i gave him the chance and things were going more than 'fine' up until Boxing Day, since then everything has crumbled to this mess, he now needs to go. If he's still in charge next season, i'll support him and the team to turn it around but be far less confident of it happening. I don't want us to lose matches, i don't want our fans to travel around the country and constantly be embarrassed by our performances, i want us to start winning football matches again.

Guest reefatoon

I am not one to gloat or rub people's faces in it or jump around shouting when I am right . . . . . . . . . .

but Brett . . . . . .

Aahhhhhhhhh.

Nothing to say you're right about, our season has just been average, many predicted (including yourself) a relegation battle, I've always said we would be nowhere near that and we haven't. Only thing I've started to sway opinion on is the fact now i'm willing to take Ashley's gamble. I was hoping to never have to see him appoint another manager again but this summer is so crucial for us, I simply don't think we can afford to let Pardew deal with it anymore the way things have panned out the second half of the season.

Many wanted this change far earlier and that's fair enough, i gave him the chance and things were going more than 'fine' up until Boxing Day, since then everything has crumbled to this mess, he now needs to go. If he's still in charge next season, i'll support him and the team to turn it around but be far less confident of it happening. I don't want us to lose matches, i don't want our fans to travel around the country and constantly be embarrassed by our performances, i want us to start winning football matches again.

I can't be arsed to read all that, but I was only pulling your leg anyway matey (that's if you were trying to justify anything).

but Brett . . . . . .

Aahhhhhhhhh.

tl;dr

Posted by Brett. Didn't read.

Any more for any more:

Tottenham(a), 2013

"I actually thought we contained him (Gareth Bale) quite well." - Gareth Bale scores both goals in a 2-1 win for THFC.

Norwich (a), 2013

"We didn't really have the chance to mix it up or an option so we had to stick to the game plan that we had at the start of the game. Norwich could bring on Grant Holt to change the game plan a bit but we don't have that luxury" - NO GRANT HOLT

Swansea (a), 2013

"To come here and play as well as we did, to boss Swansea at home in the second-half ... there are not many teams can do that. Swansea are a good team."

"Watching from the sidelines, you could see they had settled for a draw."

Swansea win with a late 2nd half goal

Anzhi (a), 2013

"They are a good side and it was on a difficult pitch that we aren’t used to." - MOAR FORRIN PITCHES

Little bit of a winning mentality

"The (FA) Cup usually leads only to disappointment because, somewhere along the line, you get knocked out"

"There's no way we were going to win that game 3-0, no way." (Metalist, H)

Oooo here's a goody from a while back:

Stevenage (a), 2011

"There's a few in there that need to understand what this game's about. The Premier League is all well and good but a few young boys got caught out tonight by the passion and the physical side of Stevenage." - Youngest player in the starting XI, Tim Krul.

Stevenage (a), 2011

"There's a few in there that need to understand what this game's about. The Premier League is all well and good but a few young boys got caught out tonight by the passion and the physical side of Stevenage." - Youngest player in the starting XI, Tim Krul.

26 Krul

02 Coloccini

06 Williamson

12 Simpson

14 Perch

04 Nolan

07 Barton

10 Routledge

17 Smith

11 Lovenkrands

20 Best

:lol:

Poor bairns.

Stevenage (a), 2011

26 Krul

02 Coloccini

06 Williamson

12 Simpson

14 Perch

04 Nolan

07 Barton

10 Routledge

17 Smith

11 Lovenkrands

20 Best

:lol:

Poor bairns.

:lol: Nobody remotely young in that team.  Fuck me.

Fulham (a), 2011

"The pitch didn't help but we lost our way. I'm delighted with the honesty of our performance but we lacked a 'Je ne sais quoi'" - ENGLISH PITCHES ARE AS BAD AS FORRINS / NO JE NE SAIS QUOI

Fulham (a), 2011

"The pitch didn't help but we lost our way. I'm delighted with the honesty of our performance but we lacked a 'Je ne sais quoi'" - ENGLISH PITCHES ARE AS BAD AS FORRINS / NO JE NE SAIS QUOI

:facepalm:

I'd say a defensive midfielder is heavily responsible for controlling the midfield through winning the ball and recycling possession.

Shelvey wasn't considered good enough for Liverpool, but since our rivals are more likely to be Stoke and Palace next year I suppose we shouldn't complain.

Our best player by a mile isn't good enough for Liverpool. It's irrelevant.