Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marveaux really shouldn't have had that shocker away at Everton last year, it's the only time I remember him playing on the wing that season and has led to manager and fans deciding he's shit on the wing and belongs on the bench instead.

Marveaux really shouldn't have had that shocker away at Everton last year, it's the only time I remember him playing on the wing that season and has led to manager and fans deciding he's s*** on the wing and belongs on the bench instead.

He certainly seems to play much better centrally whenever i've seen him. I'd like to see him given his chance centrally but Cabaye and Sissoko are just ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment. If Cabaye does go then he's a definite starter for me in a 433.

Marveaux really shouldn't have had that shocker away at Everton last year, it's the only time I remember him playing on the wing that season and has led to manager and fans deciding he's s*** on the wing and belongs on the bench instead.

He certainly seems to play much better centrally whenever i've seen him. I'd like to see him given his chance centrally but Cabaye and Sissoko are just ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment. If Cabaye does go then he's a definite starter for me in a 433.

I'd prefer him centrally too but he can't get a game there and it sticks in the throat to see him on the bench when we're creating next to nothing.

I think we'll be bottom of the league after this, 5-0 to them :(

If we play like last season that is. But with the same team and the same "manager" I don't see why that would have changed unfortunately.

I don't even want to watch it. The en suite needs tiling, i might start that.

Ooooo look at me, look at me,

I've got an en suite.

Pathetic.

He didn't say it was his.

Oooooo look at me, look at me,

I've got friends.

Pathetic.

:lol:

Lol'ed hard there. But i am seriously considering tiling at 8pm tonight.

I can't see us scoring but can't see us getting thrashed either, we will just have limited time on the ball and Man City will stroll to a comfortable victory, bit like Chelsea yesterday. And i wouldn't be too disappointed with that.

That was shambolic management from Pardew to put Marv on the wing and expect him to keep Baines quiet, got absolutely raped every time it went down that side. I think Marv can be a decent winger but when you give him a game in which to attack and not basically just defend an attacking fullback.

Guest bimpy474

That was shambolic management from Pardew to put Marv on the wing and expect him to keep Baines quiet, got absolutely raped every time it went down that side. I think Marv can be a decent winger but when you give him a game in which to attack and not basically just defend an attacking fullback.

But this is where our lack of attacking play comes in, if we had the ball and used it properly the idea would be to push them back. But at the time it was hoof and give them the ball to attack us. The system and players are sometimes right but the tactics are usually wrong.

I think we'll be bottom of the league after this, 5-0 to them :(

If we play like last season that is. But with the same team and the same "manager" I don't see why that would have changed unfortunately.

This time we have Krul, Coloccini, Debuchy and Ben Arfa, so we'll definitely have a better side out than last time.  But the most important thing is Pardews tactics :(

But this is where our lack of attacking play comes in, if we had the ball and used it properly the idea would be to push them back. But at the time it was hoof and give them the ball to attack us. The system and players are sometimes right but the tactics are usually wrong.

Oh agreed, it was to try and force them back, it was just criminal the way Marv was just left out to dry after that though. We had wanted him in the starting 11 from start of the season and i'm sure that was one of his first starts and he got mauled of Baines and confidence shot to pieces.

Guest bimpy474

Oh agreed, it was to try and force them back, it was just criminal the way Marv was just left out to dry after that though. We had wanted him in the starting 11 from start of the season and i'm sure that was one of his first starts and he got mauled of Baines and confidence shot to pieces.

Yep i bet it did nothing for him. Pardew has to settle on a formation and tactics, tweak them depending on the opponent but find something that creates chances. Creating chances is one the main problem we have whatever way we play.