Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm just happy to see our players get over the line and enter the pitch area. I'm also hoping the ball crosses the line and at the end of the game the players get back over the line ready for our next game.

I expect nothing from this game so will look more to who and how we play for a result.

You sound like Pardew. O0

I would have a go at them, he'll probably have us defending for most of the match.  If he does have a go at them and plays an attacking team then he'll have done enough for me.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Debuchy Saylor Colo Mbiwa

Tiote Cabaye Sissoko

Hatem Gouffran Cisse

Reckon Jonas instead of Gouffran and that'll be the team.

Can't see anything more than a hiding and a shocking performance, basically similar to last season.

Wish we had an owner that would sack Pardew and bring someone in who has even half of a fucking clue. Depressing.

Expect to see:

Krul

Debuchy  S.Taylor  Coloccini  Jonas

Tiote        Cabaye

Ben Arfa        Sissoko          Gouffran

Cisse

Guest bimpy474

Jonas at LB :anguish:

If Santon is injured then Mapou should play if not him then Dummett not bloody Jonas he's proven time and time again he's an awful LB.

It'll be Mapou or Dummett but Jonas is nailed on to start LW.

Guest bimpy474

Getting tiring the Jonas bashing. In matches like this he could be invaluable.

Disagree if it means starting him LW, not so much if it's in the middle. He just isn't good enough at all imo. But as an attacking part of a 4-2-3-1 it's simply daft to play him there.

He wastes possession, putting even more pressure on us.  He used to help us by carrying the ball up field and drawing fouls, but he hasn't done that at all consistently for a long time.  As much as I'm still fond of him he's a liability now in any game, or has been for a while now IMO anyway.  If he comes back with some kind of energy and form then he could be useful in some games, but at the moment we have better options.

Getting tiring the Jonas bashing. In matches like this he could be invaluable.

Invaluable at LB? righto :lol:

Where did I say that?

Well that's what i'm "bashing" him for.... He's simply not a LB and should not be considered over Mapou or Dummett in that position.

I would rather he not play at LW or in midfield because we have better options IMO but i can accept it but not at bloody LB where he's awful every time.