Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm expecting a really disheartening defeat, but I'm excited now. Just so glad it's back and we can talk about actual football again. Bored of having nothing but politics and hypotheticals to whinge about.

Let's just wing it, hopefully the dressing room will be buzzing with Pardews' long-ball and on the pitch our French Revolution will wing-it-tiki-taka-stylee with Pardew wondering who's team that is.

Howay then. Sure we've all enjoyed a summer bereft of negativity and argument  :bluestar:

Has been an incredibly frustrating summer like, but still remain unfashionably excited for the start of the season.  The January players have had a few months to settle and one more signing isn't completely beyond the realms of possibility.

My relative positivity is aided by the fact that I still don't buy into the theory that Pardew is merely a FRAUD who insists on sabotaging what would otherwise be a tiki-taka producing team like.

Almost certainly going to get beat tomorrow, but predicting a top 10 finish which, considering the owner, would be areet.

Gotta love a bit of over-exaggerated sarcasm, could definitely do with a lot more of it. :thup:

Eh? Terms such as 'fraud' and 'sabotage' are bandied about on here most gleefully.

Anyway, I don't wish to pick at these boring scabs. It will all have been done to death for the last three months.

Just want to state my excitement for the start of the season. It's going to be canny, man :bluf:

I hope that there a bit of a different mentality with the players. There was such a negative atmosphere throughout last season, the players seemed defeated. We are back on 0 points now, hopefully that can have a positive impact on the way they go about it

Howay then. Sure we've all enjoyed a summer bereft of negativity and argument  :bluestar:

Has been an incredibly frustrating summer like, but still remain unfashionably excited for the start of the season.  The January players have had a few months to settle and one more signing isn't completely beyond the realms of possibility.

My relative positivity is aided by the fact that I still don't buy into the theory that Pardew is merely a FRAUD who insists on sabotaging what would otherwise be a tiki-taka producing team like.

Almost certainly going to get beat tomorrow, but predicting a top 10 finish which, considering the owner, would be areet.

Gotta love a bit of over-exaggerated sarcasm, could definitely do with a lot more of it. :thup:

Eh? Terms such as 'fraud' and 'sabotage' are bandied about on here most gleefully.

Anyway, I don't wish to pick at these boring scabs. It will all have been done to death for the last three months.

Just want to state my excitement for the start of the season. It's going to be canny, man :bluf:

Was talking about the tiki taka stuff.... anyway no bother our season is about to start no need to let the negative stuff pour out.

Because believe it or not i'm excited too :lol:

I hope that there a bit of a different mentality with the players. There was such a negative atmosphere throughout last season, the players seemed defeated. We are back on 0 points now, hopefully that can have a positive impact on the way they go about it

:thup:

With all players fit id love to see a 4-3-1-2 with attacking wing backs. Debuchy and Santon both have great attackign ability from deep so I really think it could work.

Krul

Debuchy        Saylor            Coloccini        Santon

Sissoko  Anita      Cabaye

HBA

Cisse            Remy

Guest hydeous

Got to work early today so I can get back home before the liquor stores close, get myself a couple of beers and enjoy this game. It's all up to Pards now to not mess this season up.

fwiw, I think if we get a few good games in, the team and Pardew will have the confidence to play decent football. Last season was depressing generally and the defensive setup felt like a vicious cycle - defend (badly) - lose / scrape a draw - set up to defend more in the next game.

Having a compact side isn't the issue,  there are a number of ways of doing this. The problem is having the ability to break and relieve the pressure, this is where Pardew will fail.

I do fear your right here it certainly was the case last season where we consistently invited wave after wave of attack by just not being able to break forward and kept giving the opposition the ball back due to a combination of lack of options and poor passing. Horrendously infuriating and stressful to watch.

Attack really is the best form of defence sometimes in football we certainly need to offer more in this department. Thats why JK has failed miserably by not geting a Thauvin or Sinclair or similar player in. HBA can't do it on his own.

Having a compact side isn't the issue,  there are a number of ways of doing this. The problem is having the ability to break and relieve the pressure, this is where Pardew will fail.

I do fear your right here it certainly was the case last season where we consistently invited wave after wave of attack by just not being able to break forward and kept giving the opposition the ball back due to a combination of lack of options and poor passing. Horrendously infuriating and stressful to watch.

Attack really is the best form of defence sometimes in football we certainly need to offer more in this department. Thats why JK has failed miserably by not geting a Thauvin or Sinclair or similar player in. HBA can't do it on his own.

Marveaux ?

If Pardew is really keen on being more positive tomorrow he could try playing Gouffran up front alongside Cisse instead of out wide.

You would think so right, especially as he has been harping on about playing two strikers.

Here's the thing though, he hardly gave them a chance to play together when they were both available during our pre-season games.

Hes a moron.

If Pardew is really keen on being more positive tomorrow he could try playing Gouffran up front alongside Cisse instead of out wide.

You would think so right, especially as he has been harping on about playing two strikers.

Here's the thing though, he hardly gave them a chance to play together when they were both available during our pre-season games.

Hes a moron.

Marveaux ?

I rate Marveaux when he plays centrally but when he plays out wide he's not been very good for us at all really.

Think Pardew will probably have him on the bench tonight  :(

We need a creative option on our right hand side. Remy fits the bill if we play 433 but Pardew looks like he'll play him just behind Cisse.

HBA  Cisse  Remy  - Looks great to me but Remy's out injured now for several games, HBA has a poor record injury wise and as much as i love him as a player it would not be hugely surprising to see him limp off again at some point tonight.

That would reduce us to Marveaux Cisse  Gouffran which worries me creativity wise.

I've not 100% made my mind up on Gouffran yet. He looks ok but think we need a Thauvin or Sinclair type as an option.