Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting tiring the Jonas bashing. In matches like this he could be invaluable.

There's this notion that defensively we are much more solid with him in the side, but last season we got bummed regularly anyway. Two of our best performances to the better teams were at Man U and Arsenal where Marveaux played (not sure if it was instead of Jonas though).

Getting tiring the Jonas bashing. In matches like this he could be invaluable.

There's this notion that defensively we are much more solid with him in the side, but last season we got bummed regularly anyway. Two of our best performances to the better teams were at Man U and Arsenal where Marveaux played (not sure if it was instead of Jonas though).

Last season isn't the be all and end all. Last season Papiss Cisse was crap for example, but I still back him to do well this season. Same principle applies to Jonas: he's had a bad season but he's capable of much better. From the way people are going on you'd think his legs had fallen off last season, but he's just turned 30 and works harder than everybody else we have, which I just happen to think may be important away from home against one of the title candidates..

Team for tomorrow as per Saylors mate :

Krul

Debuchy

Saylor

Colo

Mbiwa

Tiote

Cabaye

Sissoko

Hatem

Gouffran

Cisse

This would be very acceptable and would actually fill me with a bit of hope!

Guest bimpy474

Looks decent personnel but only if that's the system. 4-2-3-1 with Cabaye too deep and Sissoko pulled wide is no good.

Yep 4-3-3 would be nice, think it'll be the 4-2-3-1. I just dont see us playing 4-3-3 after not using at all pre season.

If that's the team, great. Our best opportunities will come on the counter and between Sissoko, HBA and Gouffran, there's enough pace and ball-carrying ability to do some damage.

That's what his mate who posts on another forum reckons and he's usually right.

Krul

Debuchy

Saylor

Colo

Mbiwa

Tiote

Cabaye

Sissoko

Hatem

Gouffran

Cisse

I'd rather see Anita than Tiote but would settle for Cabaye playing further forward than him, we'll see.

I would be content with a decent effort and respectable performance tomorrow night. I expect us to get nothing from this fixture, so anything other is a bonus really. That team above gives some reason to be positive.

Krul

Debuchy

Saylor

Colo

Mbiwa

Tiote

Cabaye

Sissoko

Hatem

Gouffran

Cisse

I'd rather see Anita than Tiote but would settle for Cabaye playing further forward than him, we'll see.

:thup:

Krul

Debuchy

Saylor

Colo

Mbiwa

Tiote

Cabaye

Sissoko

Hatem

Gouffran

Cisse

I really rate Anita but tomorrow isn't the game for him.

I've all but written the game off tbh. not expecting anything other than a loss but I'd at least like to see us compete and make them work for it. That should be the bare minimum - maximum effort all over the park from all 10 outfield players and make it a contest. They're far superior to us in all departments but at least make it a respectable contest/scoreline.

Krul

Debuchy

Saylor

Colo

Mbiwa

Tiote

Cabaye

Sissoko

Hatem

Gouffran

Cisse

I really rate Anita but tomorrow isn't the game for him.

Why not? City will be playing the ball on the deck with lots of passing, I would have thought that would be exactly the sort of game Anita would thrive in.