The Battle For More Points than 2010/11 - SUCCESS!

Taylor Swift

Imagine Hull City, Sunderland, and Southampton being WDW. We'd be league leaders right now. f***ing hell :lol:

Everything happens for a reason. :smug: I'd like to think the Mackems enabled us to finish 4th, after we bounced back from the defeat.

Very true, I like to look at it that way just for laughs - but yes, it all happens for a reason....Bloody hell I pray we don't sell a single player in January and we buy 2-3. We're on to something here man.

Imagine Hull City, Sunderland, and Southampton being WDW. We'd be league leaders right now. f***ing hell :lol:

Everything happens for a reason. :smug: I'd like to think the Mackems enabled us to finish 4th, after we bounced back from the defeat.

Very true, I like to look at it that way just for laughs - but yes, it all happens for a reason....Bloody hell I pray we don't sell a single player in January and we buy 2-3. We're on to something here man.

Of course - we really, really are. A centre-forward and an orthodox winger and we're laughing.

:thup: Cheers.

It'd be interesting to see the strength of schedule to this point, then vs. now.

http://i.imgur.com/uhudkoY.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/SGNVdii.png

:thup: again. Results against tougher opponents this time around it seems. Though we seemed to have an easier go seeing off the minnows in 11/12. Matches against West Ham, Hull, and Sunderland stick out this season.

Only 15 more points to defend.

Rolling League Table

(Cardiff = Wigan, Hull = Reading, Crystal Palace = QPR)

CLUB.....................................Gd................Pts................Difference (Pts compared to 2012-13)

Manchester City....................+57...............86.....................8

Manchester United................+31...............73....................-16

Chelsea.................................+27...............73.....................-2

Tottenham Hotspur...............+6...............71.....................-1

Arsenal..................................+31...............70.....................-3

Liverpool...............................+33...............68.....................7

Everton.................................+19...............65.....................2

Southampton........................+4.................52.....................11

Stoke City.............................-7..................50.....................8

NEWCASTLE UNITED.............-10................48.....................7

Norwich City..........................-23................47....................2

Aston Villa.............................-12..................44.....................3

Fulham..................................-12................44.....................1

Swansea...............................-8................42.....................-4

WBA......................................-9..................39....................-10

West Ham.............................-16................39.....................-7

Sunderland...........................-18.................39....................0

Cardiff City............................-28................38.....................2

Hull City.................................-23................34.....................6

Crystal Palace.......................-37.................21....................-4

Of course - we really, really are. A centre-forward and an orthodox winger and we're laughing.

Two words Guys - Mike Ashley  :undecided:

Guest optimistic nit

dunno if i've said this before, but i checked the fixtures a couple of weeks ago and we play man united for the second time on 5th April. The champions league quater finals are on the 1st/2nd and 8th/9th of April, so if they get through this round then we play them either side of those.

Also with Arsenal, should they get to the semi finals, then its the same deal, we play them in between their two CL fixtures.

dunno if i've said this before, but i checked the fixtures a couple of weeks ago and we play man united for the second time on 5th April. The champions league quater finals are on the 1st/2nd and 8th/9th of April, so if they get through this round then we play them either side of those.

Also with Arsenal, should they get to the semi finals, then its the same deal, we play them in between their two CL fixtures.

Well, I'll be pulling for them in the Champions League. :thup:

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Interesting last RT there. According to stats men, 5% chance of team in 6th on Boxing Day winning the league based on past performances. Also a 5% chance of finishing 16th. Most likely finishing place? 5th. And a Europa League slot.

20p staked on us to win the league would currently return a hundred quid  :)

We obviously aren't going to hold a challenge to it for long, but I honestly think our squad is only a few players away from doing so.

Maybe Pardew can convince Kinnear and he can convince Ashley that we'll go for it in the January market in order to finish at least 4th, but to have a realistic chance at the title.

If there's a season, it's this season. (Do it.)