Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Can't help but worry that he's going to destroyed on a weekly basis again next season. I know he's improved a lot this year but I can't bring myself to believe it's permanent.

I'm kind of hoping we don't get the chance to find out.

I bet if Coleman leaves he'll reverse it.

Two or three caps in as many years, constantly going off to train with them but never getting on the pitch even in shitty friendlies? I'd probably jack it in too tbh.

Can't help but worry that he's going to destroyed on a weekly basis again next season. I know he's improved a lot this year but I can't bring myself to believe it's permanent.

Except that never happened. I know he's a crap footballer but to imply he's been a persistent weakness defensively in his couple of seasons as a nailed-on starter is wide of the mark. Good on him, anyway. Coleman's always hated us as a club and a place. Wouldn't be one bit surprised if Dummett being overlooked was an extension of that, petty little twat that he is.

Except that never happened. I know he's a crap footballer but to imply he's been a persistent weakness defensively in his couple of seasons as a nailed-on starter is wide of the mark. Good on him, anyway. Coleman's always hated us as a club and a place. Wouldn't be one bit surprised if Dummett being overlooked was an extension of that, petty little twat that he is.

Tend to agree with this ref; Dummett's defensive strengths. He'll rarely get mullered down the right hand side but he's poor going forwards and his distribution is generally shite.

He's someone we really need to upgrade to even up the threat on both sides of the pitch going forwards and in possession but he'll always do a job defensively imho.

True, that was a bit much. 'Regularly exposed as being a shit player and way out of his depth' would be more accurate. Still, hope his improvement sticks if we end up needing to start him.

He's no worse than countless other full backs we've had in recent memory. Danny 'Premier League Winner' Simpson and his hopeless diagonal crosses into no-one and positional naivety for one.

At least with Dummett generally he sticks to what he's good at which is defending and giving the ball to better players around him. If Tiote had remembered that he'd be playing for Arsenal now rather than Beijing Enterprises.

He's no worse than countless other full backs we've had in recent memory. Danny 'Premier League Winner' Simpson and his hopeless diagonal crosses into no-one and positional naivety for one.

At least with Dummett generally he sticks to what he's good at which is defending and giving the ball to better players around him. If Tiote had remembered that he'd be playing for Arsenal now rather than Beijing Enterprises.

Simpson also got ridiculous levels of stick for failing to be Cafu's second coming. Fairly solid defender, as the daft twat has shown in a Leicester shirt.

Would like to see Dummett upgraded obviously, but he's not one I'd be hugely concerned about seeing on the pitch next season.

Don't change history, he wasn't fairly solid for us. The amount of chances we conceded due to his inability to defend anybody 1 v 1 and constantly back off into his own box means he was nowhere near solid.

Nonsense.

Don't change history, he wasn't fairly solid for us. The amount of chances we conceded due to his inability to defend anybody 1 v 1 and constantly back off into his own box means he was nowhere near solid.

Nonsense.

His main injury worry wasn't a hamstring going or pulling his groin, it was smashing his head off our own post when he was reversing at 30mph.

Definitely a falling out with Coleman, probably pissed off that despite Wales calling up players from Exeter City, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Barnsley amongst other big teams, he can't get in the squad. He's probably right as well, 2 caps both in friendlies despite holding down a left back spot in the PL and the best team in the championship, should be more than good enough to get you a bunch of caps for fucking Wales. Hopefully they'll not call him a Welshman anymore, which he clearly is not.