Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Just for the shits and giggles, if some PL team wanted Dummett, how much would we value him at? 8m? 10m? 15m?

He’s better than Ake who went for £20m

No and no. He's worth about £6m or something.

Dummett is absolutely fine at LB, Premier League quality for certain. Not sure what the criticism of him is all about from some. Amazing how fast some people seem to forget the season gone by. He was one of our most consistent players, improving a great deal under Benitez.

Actually I've pretty consistently backed Dummett's defensive abilities from day one, he's certainly competent enough in that area, but there's no doubt in my mind, we'll struggle to play fluent football in Rafa's system without a left back who can carry the ball well. I think for any club to pay £20m for a full back they would be wanting them to be able to do that. He hasn't improved either, he's exactly the same as he was before Rafa arrived, people just say that for the sake of it.

Dummett is perfectly fine defensively, but in the modern game a full back has to be more than that. Other teams don't have anything to worry about with him playing on the left. He's genuinely awful on the ball and it makes our left side way less threatening.

100% this. He may be a good defender, but never a good left-back.

Dummett is absolutely fine at LB, Premier League quality for certain. Not sure what the criticism of him is all about from some. Amazing how fast some people seem to forget the season gone by. He was one of our most consistent players, improving a great deal under Benitez.

:dowie:

He's a good defender but modern LB should be able to control a football or pass to a teammate.

Guest Bisto Staines In Peas

:dowie:

He's a good defender but modern LB should be able to control a football or pass to a teammate.

Being able to run 50 yards in under 10 seconds would help anarl!

People slag off Dummett, but his crossing is sure as hell no worse than Yedlin's. Yedlin has a case of the Danny Simpson when he gets into the final third with the ball either hitting the first man or going to absolutely no-one,

Guest firetotheworks

:jesuswept:

1. When there full backs such as Danny Simpson, Charlie Daniels, Christian Fuchs etc in the Premier League, it's pretty obvious that Paul Dummett isn't a 'Championship left back at best'

2. Who's happy? I'm not happy with Shelvey playing for us in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't mean I'd be bleating on about selling him when other areas need to be fixed first. Dummett's no different, he's a player you replace further down the line when you've got in a good striker, a number 10, strength in midfield etc.

People slag off Dummett, but his crossing is sure as hell no worse than Yedlin's. Yedlin has a case of the Danny Simpson when he gets into the final third with the ball either hitting the first man or going to absolutely no-one,

Don’t really see your point. We shouldn’t critisise Dummett because his crossing is as bad as Yedlin’s? Yedlin has his flaws but he’s fast and can control a football.

:jesuswept:

1. When there full backs such as Danny Simpson, Charlie Daniels, Christian Fuchs etc in the Premier League, it's pretty obvious that Paul Dummett isn't a 'Championship left back at best'

2. Who's happy? I'm not happy with Shelvey playing for us in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't mean I'd be bleating on about selling him when other areas need to be fixed first. Dummett's no different, he's a player you replace further down the line when you've got in a good striker, a number 10, strength in midfield etc.

:thup:

• 2 weeks later...