Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Did OK-ish, I definitely prefer Haidara.

I thought Dummet was pretty poor today, normally he's good at the defensive side, but today he kept ending up in the middle and leaving huge gaps in behind on the flanks. We looked much better when Haidara came on.

Totally agree with this.

Don't think Dummett did too badly. Put in a couple of decent crosses too. Wasn't he game pretty much done for when Haidara came on, anyway. The first thing Haidara did when he came on was side foot the ball with his left foot straight into touch. The guy can barely pass a ball now. Used to be a big fan of Haidara but he's been a waste of everyone's time this season.

Despite Mbabu showing promise, and the likes of Dummett and Haidara currently at LB, I'd much rather see us sign a first choice guy with Mbabu and Haidara competing as backups and transitioning Dummett into a CB.

The above goes without saying but for now I would rank 1.Mbabu, 2.Dummett, 3.Haidara

Because of the poor overall levels on display, Mbabu would be first choice by default. With the position being his to lose.

keep calm... and Colback on...

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/jack-colback-halt-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

He got this if we need another LB.

I think Dummets more suited to cb than lb tbh. He doesn't have good enough technique to play left back

How stupid would it be considering Dummett for a cb position alongside Mbemba at some point this season? I liked the look of him as a cb when we went on our little run last year.

Despite Mbabu showing promise, and the likes of Dummett and Haidara currently at LB, I'd much rather see us sign a first choice guy with Mbabu and Haidara competing as backups and transitioning Dummett into a CB.

O0

Get this e mailed to the club. Christ on a bike if we can all fucking see it....

Add buying a big and commanding centre half in jan and the biggest deficiencies in the squad/team are on there way to being sorted.

Guest firetotheworks

He's nothing special when fully fit either.

Neither are the vast majority of our players.

This from the man whinging because Colback gets grief but Anita doesn't. You ruin every debate like.

I like Dummett, he's fairly reliable at both centre back and left back.

He struggles with pace but Haidara has pace and he struggles positionally.

None of our left backs are good enough though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought he was particularly shite today. Got skinned a few times and with this system we're playing where Wijnaldum moves inside it effectively means we can't attack down the left hand side making us fairly easy to combat for the defensive side.