Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Haidara's awful man. A liability in possession, not just bad, a liability. We'll concede goals from his crap distribution. Can't defend. Can't attack. Rarely see him put in a decent cross. All he can do is run and get into promising positions before wasting them.

I wanted to like Haidara but he's a very long way to go before looking a decent player imo.

Haidara's awful man. A liability in possession, not just bad, a liability. We'll concede goals from his crap distribution. Can't defend. Can't attack. Rarely see him put in a decent cross. All he can do is run and get into promising positions before wasting them.

I wanted to like Haidara but he's a very long way to go before looking a decent player imo.

That first sentence describes Dummett to a tee. The only thing Haidara has over him is that he can run with the ball which relieves pressure. Dummett's distribution is even worse, and his mistakes tend to keep us under pressure as a result. Also for a relatively big man he's so fucking weak going out to meet wide players. Not keen on him at LB at all.

That first sentence describes Dummett to a tee. The only thing Haidara has over him is that he can run with the ball which relieves pressure. Dummett's distribution is even worse, and his mistakes tend to keep us under pressure as a result. Also for a relatively big man he's so f***ing weak going out to meet wide players. Not keen on him at LB at all.

This^.

Nee way Dummett is better than Haidara. He just isn't.

Haidara's mistakes cost us goals. Dummett is safety first, which might increase pressure but doesn't directly lead to goals.

Don't see Haidara getting back in the team anyway. Think Dummett's relatively strong aerial ability compared to the rest of our team in defensive set-pieces is a massive reason he's in the team. Gets his head on the end of a lot of defensive corners.

Even if you fused them together to make a 'superplayer' he'd still be fairly s***.

If PD could run he'd be a very handy CB. But at LB I agree. Neither are good enough technically.

Haidara's mistakes cost us goals. Dummett is safety first, which might increase pressure but doesn't directly lead to goals.

Don't see Haidara getting back in the team anyway. Think Dummett's relatively strong aerial ability compared to the rest of our team in defensive set-pieces is a massive reason he's in the team. Gets his head on the end of a lot of defensive corners.

Even if you fused them together to make a 'superplayer' he'd still be fairly s***.

If PD could run he'd be a very handy CB. But at LB I agree. Neither are good enough technically.

Fair summation. I suppose the best way is to rotate them depending on the match situation. Neither one is clearly a cut above the other. Mbabu has played better than both by some distance, but he's so young and inexperienced, we haven't seen how bad he could be when he's not on it.

I'd normally say Dummet was an upgrade on haidara but he was awful on saturday. Everything he did was nullified or opened us up to attacks.

I would get Mbabu in for the next one, we will need some pace, also worried about colo...

Dummett could easily have cost us goals as well this season, many times he's been bailed out by Colo or weak finishing like on Saturday. Last season Dummett at least looked fairly solid defensively, this season his defending has been rubbish.

It's a good point to mention PD has basically been chucked in the first team as soon as he's come back from an injury, with a limited pre-season as well. At his best he will be solid defensively while giving us nothing going the other way. I prefer that to Haidara.

Dummett could easily have cost us goals as well this season, many times he's been bailed out by Colo or weak finishing like on Saturday. Last season Dummett at least looked fairly solid defensively, this season his defending has been rubbish.

Okay but Haidara has cost us actual goals.... he makes those kind of mistakes, no coming back mistakes.

Dummett's been poor since coming back from injury but he's better than Haidara.