First Footballing Hero

Disco

Ferdinand is the first I was really into. Used to always want to black myself up to look like him as well, thankfully was never allowed!

Got a lot of Luis Enrique Barca strips as well, although I think that was more my mother trying to force that on me.

Zico... As good as it gets...

When I was a little older, he and Platini became my favorites.  Still remember that shit game against Italy in the '82 world Cup.  Brazil really should have won the World Cup that year.

And worse, the France-Germany semifinal.  The most horrendous call in World Cup history when Shumacher took out Battiston.

Zico... As good as it gets...

When I was a little older, he and Platini became my favorites.  Still remember that shit game against Italy in the '82 world Cup.  Brazil really should have won the World Cup that year.

And worse, the France-Germany semifinal.  The most horrendous call in World Cup history when Shumacher took out Battiston.

Took out?  He almost garrotted him :D

Mine was the chap I picked for my username - was our number 9 when I first started going to the match and scored a canny amount of goals in a pretty shit team (just checked wiki, 39 goals in 81 games - not bad)

Remember being really upset when he was sold, had a theory that Keegan was pissed off at being outscored by him in his first season here and insisted on him being moved on - wasn't KK's biggest fan for a little while after that!

Started to take an interest when I was about 5. I didn't know much and I thought Keegan was our best player not the manager as my Dad was always talking about him:lol:

So Keegan, Beardseley and Ferdinand.

http://i2.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article1431409.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/04884431-C229-7248-D24A36FD3457A8C7-1431409.jpg

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00570/4_666x450_570125a.jpg

I didn't like Shearer at first because my Dad took my sister (who was older than me) to see his unveiling and I was kicking off that I wasn't took down, I soon warmed to him :lol:

Mine was the chap I picked for my username - was our number 9 when I first started going to the match and scored a canny amount of goals in a pretty s*** team (just checked wiki, 39 goals in 81 games - not bad)

Remember being really upset when he was sold, had a theory that Keegan was p*ssed off at being outscored by him in his first season here and insisted on him being moved on - wasn't KK's biggest fan for a little while after that!

that was one of the stories, as was the theory that varadi had been shagging keegans Mrs (unlikely if you saw Mrs Varadi), more likely was the idea that we had a little lad called beardsley coming in.

Mine was the chap I picked for my username - was our number 9 when I first started going to the match and scored a canny amount of goals in a pretty s*** team (just checked wiki, 39 goals in 81 games - not bad)

Remember being really upset when he was sold, had a theory that Keegan was p*ssed off at being outscored by him in his first season here and insisted on him being moved on - wasn't KK's biggest fan for a little while after that!

that was one of the stories, as was the theory that varadi had been shagging keegans Mrs (unlikely if you saw Mrs Varadi), more likely was the idea that we had a little lad called beardsley coming in.

whatever the truth- nobody can deny that keegan beardsley partnership was special.

Imre's father, Oli, was far more talented.

this is true.  And his look of utter contempt as Battiston lay on the floor.

Prick of the highest order was Shumacher.

I think the 82 World Cup and Italia 90 are the best tournaments I saw.

82 and 94 for me.  94 only because we got to see a bunch of the games live, and that Romanian team was something special to watch.  That Romania-Argentina game... :sweetjesus:

82 and 94 for me.  94 only because we got to see a bunch of the games live, and that Romanian team was something special to watch.  That Romania-Argentina game... :sweetjesus:

94 probably my least favourite>:(

Aye, the arrival of Beardsley did help the recovery process! Easy to forget you only had 1 sub in those days so there wasn't much point keeping someone who wasn't going to be a regular 1st choice.

Despite my first footballing heroes being part of Keegans team, I first properly fell in love with a certain player when I start going to games when I was 10-11.

http://www.bestinfooty.com/images/laurent-robert-scores-in-31-win-at-arsenal.jpg

I used to practice every night in the garden with my left foot because of him.  :smitten:

the final was dogshit, but there were some incredible games, although the Sweden-Romania quarterfinal really did piss me off.  But to be fair, if I didn't attend the games, it probably wouldn't be near my favorite though. 

the final was dogshit, but there were some incredible games, although the Sweden-Romania quarterfinal really did piss me off.  But to be fair, if I didn't attend the games, it probably wouldn't be near my favorite though.

I guess it is down to England not being there.