Newcastle Utd 0 - 0 West Ham Utd - 24/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 41

Neil

Well, that was little short of a disgrace. 15 shots on goal, none on target and totally devoid of any creativity whatsoever. We are in trouble, fellas - make no mistake about it.

Oh and also 4 home games without a goal now too.

Well played Ashley, Kinnear, Pardew and the players. :thdn:

According the the beeb we were lucky to get a point, didn't watch it so don't know:

"Newcastle, who were awful, pick up their first point of the season. The Hammers remain unbeaten but will feel they deserved more."

They had 3(I think) clear cut chances, we had 1.

Wasn't an easy chance for Gouffran at all that like, an unpredictable bounce off the post like that requires almost f***ing bullet-time reactions to guide it precisely. Could've went anywhere.

This. Gouffran is the last person i'm blaming for this.

He had our best chance about 10 minutes earlier which was blocked. Still he gets in the positions to be fair to him, unlike Cisse nowadays

Gouffran: £1.5m of pure quality.

Very harsh. Since he came on he worked his arse off for the team and chased down every ball.

Ron's a wum of the first order.

I'm a wum for wanting strikers who score goals up front? Aye, OK. :lol:

Obviously the 3 up front of Sammy, Shola, and Gouffran, while none of them particularly great, were a much better bet going forward than the "partnership" of Shola and Cisse.

Turgid turd shit on the whole though. Fucking disgraceful really to see that piss-poor attacking threat. Fortunate to get a point in the end - when you don't have a single shot on target you always are.

According the the beeb we were lucky to get a point, didn't watch it so don't know:

"Newcastle, who were awful, pick up their first point of the season. The Hammers remain unbeaten but will feel they deserved more."

Like f*ck they did, they had one shot on target. ( one more than us mind :lol: but still nobody deserved anything)

Once the rain came pouring down and the game got stretched the game suited us far better. Marv was taken off far too early. Gouff brought on far too late. Anita and Sissoko were decent in the middle, quite liked how they complemented eachother.

Problems still remain. Need an out an out left winger and badly need a new striker who can hold up the ball and bring others into play (move more than Shola)

0 on target is shocking.

Guest bimpy474

Krul : Nowt to do 7

Debuchy :much improved 7

Santon : Got 90 minutes, played ok 6

Colo : Did the usual, but oh his marking at times 6

Mapou : Excellent 8

Ben Arfa : Tried too hard, 90 minutes under his belt 6

Anita : So much better than Tiote 7

Sissoko : Brought the ball forward well, not creative though 6

Marveaux : Tidy, took off when he was playing his best 6

Cisee : Just awful hold up and movement 4

Shola : What's the point ? 0

Gouffran : Very good but that miss 7

Sammy : Did quite well 6

Pardew : 5 for non hoof, 0 for Shola on for 90 minutes.

Not a terrible game.

Santon, Debuchy, Sammy, Hatem, and (in patches) Sissoko all looking good going forward.

Some decent passing from midfield. Particularly liked Anita's contribution.

The glaring problem is obviously up front. We know all about Shola but worse is that our main goal threat, our No 9, the guy who looked so dangerous when we signed him, can't play in the system Pardew is implementing. Long balls, with or without a Shola flick-on, are not what he wants and he keeps on showing it. He can't play that way. You either play to his strengths or get rid of him and replace him with the kind of player you want. The way things are going it's making everyone look shit.

There were moments when every player going forwards bar Anita made huge errors. Sissokos control was awful in key moments, Ameobi just ruined play, Ben Arfa made poor decisions/kept failing on his right, Gouffran missed our best chances.

The problem is the longer we dont create chances, the more they all bottle it.

I thought things were a bit better going forward in the second half. Marveaux saw more of the ball and seemed okay (until he got subbed off) while Santon and Debuchy seemed to be further forward and got involved.I would have liked to see Debuchy make an overlapping run when Ben Arfa had the ball out wide on the right to maybe take a defender away.

I also thought Anita played well enough to never have Jonas start ahead of him again, but that's not saying much and with Pardew at the helm it's probalby not going to happen.

Despite me being fairly positive about the result, no shots on target and although there were plenty of attempts they were pretty much all low-percentage long-distance shots.  That's just not good enough.

Some people here saying it was not bad, improvement etc. Jesus fucking christ guys, wake up.

This is how we played last season, and its how we will play this season.

No plan, no offensive drive. We do not create shit, nothing, nada.

If you can not see it by now, you never will.

The team today picked itself. It was so f***ing obvious. Pardew chooses his usual s****.

It started decent enough as a 442. 2 decent looking banks of 4, but Marveaux and Ben Arfa came inside too much and Debuchy and Santon didn;t drive the team forward down the sides. Anita and Sissoko looked good, tidy on the ball, finding other players. Once Sissoko gave the ball to someone our wide players needed to allow him to run on to support Cisse and put the ball in from the sides. It's blindingly f***ing obvious.

Ben Arfa was poor today. He has more responsibility than to blast it from miles away now. Pardew just cannot dictate to a player how they should be playing. Such a weak c***. Would rather have themed days at the training ground. If you're going to play 442 then you use the full backs and the wide midfielders, otherwise what's the f***ing point. Only Sammy really embraced this.

Bottom half football.

Guest alijmitchell

I actually thought Sammy did well when he came on. Shola was the fucking pits, I hate him. My opinion on Cisse is changing as well, was bone fucking idle today.

Gouffran isn't brilliant, but he's decent and works hard. Miles better than shola who is neither decent or hard working. Cisse has bags of talent but is also quite lazy.

None of our forward are brilliant but I don't mind Gouffran.

Much better, especially in the second half. Still had some negatives, mainly Shola. But West Ham are strong at the back and kept shape well, if we play like we did in the second half against Fulham then we'll win.

How was that better? West Ham were the better team. We had one good chance and it was in the last minute