Morecambe FC 0 - 2 Newcastle Utd - 28/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 43

BlueStar

:anguish: Pardew on TV now

As much as it pains me, he got that spot on, Shola coming on did give us that bit of power to compete with them.

Yup him and HBA changed the game

Aye just praised him in the Pardew thread. I think it's the first time i ages he got the subs spot on. He deserve praise for it imo, just like he deserves stick for poor subs.

Couldn't agree more sadly he nailed the sub's and we actually improved as a result of them.

Fair play Alan

Shola's f***ing nailed on to start on Saturday now, the useless c***.

I hope not, my family are over from Canada and are going to the game, they just don't deserve that sort of treatment.

Think you've kind of thrown caution to the wind already by taking them to a match mate :lol:

I'm not going mate, I've got work.

My aunty is from here so loves NUFC, my uncle kind of likes us but likes Rangers, and Hull as well. My cousin likes Arsenal.

We a trying to convert them to NUFC, I'm just going to tell them we are playing in whatever colour Fulham will be in on Saturday, that might trick them.

Two great passes from HBA for the goals. Nice to see him release the ball at the right time.

Some daft decisions from Sammy at times, but he does have the ability to get past opponents in all sorts of unpromising situations. We need to persevere with him and give him more experience.

Good-Mapou-Elliot were a very nervous axis in defence.

Hopefully it's the last time we see Vuckic in that role. It's a crucial position and with him losing it all the time, we couldn't get any momentum.

It was a chance for Gouffran to shine, but he didn't take it.

Thought we were OK second half. A few of the players looked a bit intimidated by their physicality.

The pitch was tiny, that made it a lot easier for them to press us to be fair. I'm glad we're at home for the next leg.

Thought Sammy was dangerous but unspectacular. He's got flair and a rare semblance of desire, though, so he's bound to get the better of such shite opponents.

Pardew's got to start him against Fulham now after the horseshite he came out with pre-game.

Overall, total crap, just better than the opposition. HBA won it. It took his introduction to finally have someone capable of making a direct, effective pass.

Pleased to manoeuvre through that with the win and no injury concerns. Outside the first XI we're shit, we all knew that.

Decent draw next round too, no reason we can't have an attempt at a run in this cup for once (Pardew lol). Now for a win on Saturday, aye.

The fucking Amoebas. Fuck off.

:lol:

You have to give them some credit for actually ending the game on a high.

What's strange is you can tell all the players we had were clearly more talented than their Morecambe counterparts, yet we were so badly organised defensively and offensively. I know some of it is from these lads not playing proper games together much, but so much of it has to be down to poor coaching and tactics.