Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 25/09/13 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

Dave

I'm not sure it'll be that weak. We don't play again until Monday and Pardew could probably do without the flack of getting beat here. We've gone back to back away games after this, then Liverpool at home and the mackems. We need every win we can muster. Think it'll be something like:

Krul, Debuchy, MYM, Williamson, Dummett, Tiote, Bigirimana, Marveaux, Sammy, Cisse, Gouffran

Maybe someone better than Bigi, no shortage of options in Anita/Sissoko/Gosling/Vuckic even if Cabaye is out. Think he'll play Cisse because he just needs a goal from somewhere. Expect Remy & HBA will be on the bench for an emergency, and Shola is injured.

I think i'd go:

Krul

Santon Williamson MYM Dummett

Bigirimana Tiote

Marvuex        Vuckic        Sammy

Gouffran

Though it might be more sensible to play Cisse upfront, get Gouffran out side and play Marveux behind Cisse.  Really want to see Santon and Dummett as the fullback options and Gouffran as the forward as while i'm not writing off Debuchy and Cisse, you need to drop them when they are regularly not performing.

Doing my napper in now this mind.

At time of booking it said collection only, no other option.

E-mail Confirmation said delivery to my address.

Further e-mail from box office says all tickets to be posted.

Trip to the box office on Monday said they're not printed yet and we're concentrating on Hull first, if you've not got it by next Monday or Tuesday call back.

Subsequent e-mail from an nufc.com contact at the box office who i'd also asked about this says my membership number has this game loaded on it and I won't get a paper ticket.

CONFUSED.COM

Aye when I ordered mine it said collection only, I was waiting until midweek to go up and get it but I woke up on Wednesday with it sent out to me, though it does say it's a re-print.

Mine tipped up on Saturday morning with a note of apology.

I think i'd go:

Krul

Santon Williamson MYM Dummett

Bigirimana Tiote

Marvuex        Vuckic        Sammy

Gouffran

Though it might be more sensible to play Cisse upfront, get Gouffran out side and play Marveux behind Cisse.  Really want to see Santon and Dummett as the fullback options and Gouffran as the forward as while i'm not writing off Debuchy and Cisse, you need to drop them when they are regularly not performing.

Leeds will murder that side.

Why does anyone want us to put a weakened side out? ???

Because we could win and that would mean more games.

Either that or we could lose Ben Arfa for 8 years to injury. It's scary how dangerous these cup games are. Machine guns and everything.

Guest bimpy474

Why does anyone want us to put a weakened side out? ???

Because we could win and that would mean more games.

Either that or we could lose Ben Arfa for 8 years to injury. It's scary how dangerous these cup games are. Machine guns and everything.

Could lose players to injury in training or next Saturday. Cant wrap them in cotton wool, play our strongest side to give us the best chance. We'll make the Europa if we win it :lol:

Guest neesy111

Only change I'd make would be Dummet in for Debuchy.

Give Cisse this game to do something and if not, bin him off at Everton.

This.

Krul

Santon Coloccini MYM Dummett

Sissoko Tiote

Gouffran        Marv        Sammy

Cisse

That's fair.

Gosling was one of our better players against Morecambe. He might get the start here too.

I haven't got anything against rotation in principle, but it just doesn't mean shit under this manager. Players like Marveaux or Sammy can come in, do well, respond to the manager's rallying calls - then aren't rewarded with a start in the next one, which has got to be demoralising for them. Meanwhile, the players they've replaced don't look any fitter for having the rest.

I'd like to see a full-strength team picked, with a view to regaining the momentum we've lost. That won't happen, though. What's very important, however, is to play Cisse and give him the chances he's had in previous games. If he still looks shot to shit - time to bin him. Providing we're set up in a way that doesn't completely isolate him, offer him a last-chance-saloon here, imo.

-------------------------- Krul --------------------------

Debuchy ------ Yanga ----- Colo ---------- Santon

------------------------- Anita --------------------------

-------------- Sissoko -------- Cabaye ---------------

- HBA ----------------- Cisse ----------------- Remy -

Alternatively, if we must chop and change:

------------------------- Elliot --------------------------

Santon --------- Willo ----- Colo -------- Dummett

-------------------------- Bigi --------------------------

--------------- Gosling ----- Marveaux --------------

Sammy --------------- Cisse ---------------- Obertan