Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 25/09/13 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

Dave

Only change I'd make would be Dummet in for Debuchy.

Give Cisse this game to do something and if not, bin him off at Everton.

Seems sensible.

Didn't see Hull, but Debuchy reminds me of Smudger lately. Offers little but a petulant yellow card/indiscipline.

We can't afford to go too weak against them, Leeds will be no push over when they're against one of the bigger Premier League clubs. Cisse absolutely has to start this too, he has to start scoring asap.

Or he could just take a couple of games out to take the pressure off and we could give Gouffran a go. We did buy him so he could provide cover for the strikers and Leeds at home would be a great place for him to get a crack at it.

We can't afford to go too weak against them, Leeds will be no push over when they're against one of the bigger Premier League clubs. Cisse absolutely has to start this too, he has to start scoring asap.

Or he could just take a couple of games out to take the pressure off and we could give Gouffran a go. We did buy him so he could provide cover for the strikers and Leeds at home would be a great place for him to get a crack at it.

I thought we bought Gouffran to play left because we missed out on Remy. But I agree it might be time to give Cisse a rest.

I thought we bought Gouffran to play left because we missed out on Remy. But I agree it might be time to give Cisse a rest.

Gouffran is versatile, but by trade he's a striker who plays through the middle irresepective of how we've used him. He should be more than capable of providing competition to misfiring strikers.

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth 20m

Cabaye's injury not serious, but won't play against #lufc. Gutierrez and Ameobi Snr also won't be involved. #nufc

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth 28m

Cheik Tiote, Sammy Ameobi and Paul Dummett will start against #lufc. #nufc

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth 20m

Cabaye's injury not serious, but won't play against #lufc. Gutierrez and Ameobi Snr also won't be involved. #nufc

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth 28m

Cheik Tiote, Sammy Ameobi and Paul Dummett will start against #lufc. #nufc

I'm happy with that but still don't think Sammy's going to make it.

Don't think I could handle having a languid winger with the work ethic of Shola (could be his super long legs making it look like he runs slow though).

Would think Bigi in for Cabaye would be a decent swap and i guess it seems as if Tiote is in for Anita.

-------------- Tiote -- Bigi --------------

Marveaux ---- Gosling ------- Sammy

---------------- Gouffran ----------------

... is what I'm expecting. Which looks pretty gash really; no definite goal-threat from midfield and an isolated striker who prefers to run the channels.

Would think Bigi in for Cabaye would be a decent swap and i guess it seems as if Tiote is in for Anita.

-------------- Tiote -- Bigi --------------

Marveaux ---- Gosling ------- Sammy

---------------- Gouffran ----------------

... is what I'm expecting. Which looks pretty gash really; no definite goal-threat from midfield and an isolated striker who prefers to run the channels.

Aye. I'd rather chew foil than watch that.

I can understand giving Tiote, Marveux & Gouffran game time.  Even Sammy to a certain extent, but it'd be suicide to just change the whole side round.  We should give some key reserve players a bit of game time and look at options for players that aren't performing.  No more than that.

Krul

Santon    Mbiwa    Colocinni    Dummett

Tiote      Anita

Ben Arfa    Marveux      Remy

Gouffran

That mixes things up plenty to look at options and still gives us a side prepared for winning the game.