Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 25/09/13 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

Dave

I can understand giving Tiote, Marveux & Gouffran game time.  Even Sammy to a certain extent, but it'd be suicide to just change the whole side round.  We should give some key reserve players a bit of game time and look at options for players that aren't performing.  No more than that.

Krul

Santon    Mbiwa    Colocinni    Dummett

Tiote      Anita

Ben Arfa    Marveux      Remy

Gouffran

That mixes things up plenty to look at options and still gives us a side prepared for winning the game.

I'm with this line up. But I'd push Ben Arfa and Remy up more to a 4-3-3 but I assume that is what you are doing.

I can understand giving Tiote, Marveux & Gouffran game time.  Even Sammy to a certain extent, but it'd be suicide to just change the whole side round.  We should give some key reserve players a bit of game time and look at options for players that aren't performing.  No more than that.

Krul

Santon    Mbiwa    Colocinni    Dummett

Tiote      Anita

Ben Arfa    Marveux      Remy

Gouffran

That mixes things up plenty to look at options and still gives us a side prepared for winning the game.

I'm with this line up. But I'd push Ben Arfa and Remy up more to a 4-3-3 but I assume that is what you are doing.

Yeah, I was just trying to make it look pretty.

Team should be our strongest give them time to get used to the 4-3-3 we've been playing.

We don't play Everton until Monday so no excuses.

Exactly. Fair enough you could make one or two changes but there's absolutely no need to start resting players for the sake of it. I think Pardew will have enough sense to realise he needs a result so I think we'll put out a decent team.

Hi guys.

26,000 sold for tomorrow.  6300 Leeds contingent.

Few whispers on team selection....If your putting bets on a number 9 as first goalscorer, don't throw 'em away

Our best chance of winning something and with our next game not until Monday night then he simply has to go full strength but he won't. He deserves all the abuse he gets if we get turned over with a scratch side out.

This is being shown live on Al Jazeera Sport by the way for anyone who can get it.

Where you read this? Can't see it on the schedule on their streaming website.  :sad:

www.liveonsat.com

It's on:

Al Jazeera Sport +4

beIn Sport Max 10

TV2 Sport Premium 2

I personally wouldn't play Ben Arfa, Pardew should prove that he has more than one tactic of winning a game without just giving it to HBA and hoping he creates some magic. We are playing a second tier team at home.

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely essential we win and win well. Agree with Paully about the merits of a very strong team.

In what way is it essential that we win well, or even win?

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely essential we win and win well. Agree with Paully about the merits of a very strong team.

You usually can't get to the next round if you don't win.

Top patter, man. Do you only go through if you 'win well', too?

Guest neesy111

Send out a statement that we want to do well in a domestic cup competition?

Surely there's not going to be a meltdown on here if we actually do fail to progress? I mean it would be disappointing that we couldn't go through at home to Leeds but it's not the end of the world, Everton is a bigger game than tonight imo. Would hardly say a win tonight is essential or even winning well, personally just like the morecambe game i just hope we can progress into the next round in any fashion without any major injury impact.

Guest neesy111

Surely there's not going to be a meltdown on here if we actually do fail to progress? I mean it would be disappointing that we couldn't go through at home to Leeds but it's not the end of the world, Everton is a bigger game than tonight imo. Would hardly say a win tonight is essential or even winning well, personally just like the morecambe game i just hope we can progress into the next round in any fashion without any major injury impact.

When was our last decent domestic cup run?

Guest icemanblue

Send out a statement that we want to do well in a domestic cup competition?

Why is that essential, when we obviously don't?